X. South Korea

Chapter Ten:
Soroya

I did as Shuri asked and listened to Beyoncé on the flight to South Korea. I think her voice is lovely and I enjoyed most of her songs. Some of them were odd. When I wasn't listening to music I was trying to get to know Nakia. She was fascinated by my story of trying to find my family by traveling the world and searching HYDRA bases. As a spy herself, the aspect of that adventure and action sounded thrilling.

She's very brave, strong, and a truly compassionate person. I can see why T'Challa likes her so much.

Okoye landed outside the city of Busan, pressing a button to make the whole ship invisible. I will forever be awed by the technology that country is capable of. We all changed into our disguises in the jet, with Nakia and T'Challa sneaking glances at each other. This made Okoye and I smile knowingly at each other. Okoye placed a wig on her head, and I have to admit it was weird seeing her with hair. I could tell she hated it. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun, not wanting it to get in the way on this mission.

The car Shuri talked about waited for us in the spot she promised. Nakia seemed to really enjoy the opportunity to drive the beautiful vehicle. I have never been to South Korea before, and I have to say that the bright lights and colors of the city were breathtaking. As we step out of the car, I can smell so many amazing foods I feel my mouth water.

"This way." Nakia says, who is wearing a beautiful green dress with yellow patterns on it. The dress has no shoulders and the sleeves cover her whole arm, the dress has a high neckline like mine. Okoye is wearing a red dress like me, but hers looks more glamorous, like she's going to an award show.

Okoye has the largest scowl on her face. "Bast willing, this go quickly and I can get this ridiculous thing off my head."

"It looks nice," Nakia says with smile. "Just whip it back and forth."

Okoye doesn't find this comment funny. I lean toward her to ask: "Is that another pop culture reference?"

Okoye nods with a roll of her eyes, looking back at Nakia. "What? It's a disgrace."

"I think you look beautiful." I say to my friend. She smiles at me despite herself.

Nakia stops at what seems to be a seafood market and begins to talk in Korean to a small older woman wearing a large pink hat. During her greeting I hear the name Sophia. She looks rather hostile, particularly as she gestures towards the three of us.

T'Challa, Okoye, and I share a look. Sophia turns her scowl into a smile, cocking her head towards the room behind her.

In Germany, every child who attends school is required to learn three languages, starting when they're only three years old. That's where I learned English, Russian, and French. I almost learned Chinese when I was in HYDRA, but my superiors figured knowing four languages was enough. But I wish they had taught me anyways. I also wish Xhosa was one of the language options at my school in Hamburg, it would make my life here a lot easier.

Nakia says something that I assume is a thank you. She walks towards a man who holds the blue tarp, waiting for all of us to walk through a door. Nakia of course goes first, with T'Challa and I going through next, Okoye following at the rear. We pass through green glowing metal detectors and I am shocked T'Challa and my vibranium necklaces didn't go off, or the spear that Okoye is hiding. But I'm not going to question that since the guards don't look suspicious. They open the doors up and the four of us walk into a beautiful and vibrant room.

Drawings of different animals cover the walls, but most of them are covered by the people talking and laughing in front of them. The ceiling is covered by lights hanging in large glass balls. I think it's a very odd design. We walk up to the rail and stare down at the bar and gambling tables below us.