chapter 17 : My Buddy

When Nandini was giving final touches to Mukti's look a girl and a boy walked in the room screaming, " I am here". Mukti too screamed with joy seeing them whereas Nandini was rooted at her place seeing the boy. That boy brought back tonnes of memories for her. Most of them were good but he was also the reason behind her life taking a 360° turn.

*Flashes of past *

"Shoot her...you have to do it if you want to save him. "
"Nandini don't...i am okay"
"He's your best friend Nandini save him. "
"i did it...its all my fault"

Nandini closed her eyes tightly trying to push out the voices in her ears. She was reliving the moment which changed her life. Over there the boy himself was too shocked. He stood there staring Nandini whereas both the girls stood there confused. "Nandini? " escapes the boys lips. He was almost in tears as well as was Nandini. "Dhruv?" said an emotional Nandini. Nandini moved towards him and took him in an embrace. Dhruv too reacted similarly. They both were sobbing with happiness. This emotional scene was witnessed by two people. One was equally shocked as Nandini while the other one had some unknown emotions going on inside him. When Nandini's eyes fell upon those two , she smiled through her tears and said ," Arya look!! Dhruv is back. My buddy is back Arya. My buddy is back". Aryaman too replicated her reaction. While Manik Mukti and the girl looked at each other in confusion.

Mukti, now getting irritated said, "GUYSSSSS!!! Will someone tell us also what's going on? " Nandini who was now overjoyed said, " Mukti He's Dhruv. My best friend. My buddy we were together for almost 19 years. And after that I am meeting him today. " Dhruv smiled sheepishly at the trio. "Mukti how's he connected to you?" asked Aryaman who has now come out of the sudden joyous shock. "Dhruv was my first colleague 7 years back. We became very good friends while working on a project together. "
Aryaman then asked, " Who's the lady here? " "She's Alya" replied Manik. Now a confused Nandini asked, " How do you know her?  Isn't she Mukti's friend? " "I am their common friend. I,  Cabir, Mukti, Abhi and Manik are a closely bind friend circle. Raj uncle call us the FAB 5. " explained Alya.
Now everyone started understanding little bit of the connections.

Soon everyone got familiar with each other and the room filled with their talks. Everyone was engrossed in talking but there was one person who was seething in an unknown emotion. Manik though was present physically all his attention was towards Nandini and Dhruv. How they were talking?  What they were talking? He felt a sudden urge to pull Nandini away from Dhruv. He was trying very hard to over come that feeling but was failing miserably at it.

Manik's pov

From the time this Dhruv has arrived Nandini hasn't even  looked at me once. God knows what are they talking so happily. I wish I could burry this Dhruv right away. I always and neutral emotions regarding him but this guy is hell bent on making me despise him. It's not even a proper meet between these two and they are talking as if...ufff this is becoming intolerable think Manik think of something you gotta send Nandini away from him. Idea!!! But wait why do I want to do this? Why is Dhruv's proximity with Nandini affecting me so much? ( Dhruv kept his hand on Nandini's shoulders) Aahhhh Manik bhad mein jaaye yeh questions abhi tumhe inhe alag karna hai warna tum jail ke andar hoge Dhruv ke Murder ke case mein

Manik looked at his watch and said "Arey why aren't all you guys dressed up. Go get ready we have a function in an hour. " Suddenly the chaos broke out. Everyone became conscious that they aren't ready. Manik grinned at the expected reaction and mentally praised himself.

Then putting his other plan in action, he went towards Nandini amd said ," Nandini even you have to change right" Nandini nodded at him. " Nandini take your things and come to my room it's empty you can change there alya will change here and Dhruv and Aryaman can change in the opposite room. " Manik didn't give much time to think and said again, " let's go yaar jaldi". Nandini even didn't think much. She took her things and came to Manik's room.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें