Chapter 10: Christmas Day and Presents

It was now Christmas Eve. Hagrid had sent Harry the framed photo of Snape and Lily as children. Harry wrapped it up and made a Christmas card. He told Ron that he will be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with his dad. Ron had asked Snape if he could join them on Christmas morning, after breakfast, to see Harry open the presents. Snape said he could. So, after dinner, Harry packs his pajamas, slippers, bathrobe, his comb, toothbrush, towel and a change of clothes for the next day, into a bag. He also packed Snape's gift and the Christmas card he made for him. He said his goodbyes to Ron and heads down to Snape's quarters. Harry knocks on the door. Snape opens the door and said, "Come in, Harry." Harry enters and puts his bag in his room, then comes back to the living room with a gift and a card. He places it under the tree and sits down on the couch. Snape said, "A gift for me, Harry?" Harry nods, "Yeah, but you can't open it until tomorrow." Snape chuckles, "Very well, Harry." The boy was sure cheeky! Snape said, "Then I will put my gift to you under the tree as well." Harry looks surprised as Snape heads to his room to retrieve his gift for Harry. He returns with the gift and puts it under the tree. Snape sits down and said, "I have a feeling you will be receiving more gifts tomorrow. I will be receiving the usual gifts, from Hagrid, Minerva and of course, Dumbledore. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Draco's father sends me something. He sometimes does." Harry smiles then said, "I don't think I can beat you in a snowball war, dad." Snape chuckles again, "Nor would you be able to. I meant what I said, when I told the two boys that I was involved in many a snowball wars, whilst I was at school here. Your mother and I made a formidable team, whenever we did have a snowball war." Harry grins, "I can just imagine!" Snape chuckles and said, "Hot cocoa, Harry?" Harry nods, "Yes please, dad." Snape gets up and heads to the kitchen to make some hot cocoa. Harry looks at his father then stares at the tree and smiles. He couldn't believe that he was going to be able to celebrate Christmas with his dad! Something he never got to do with the Dursleys. Snape looks back at Harry and sees the boy's eyes shining as he stares at the tree. Snape sighs, the boy will finally be able to celebrate Christmas for the first time in his entire life! He turns back to the hot cocoa he was making. He felt hatred surge for the Dursleys. Damn those Dursleys! Denying the boy something all children looked forward to. He sighs as he pours the hot cocoa into 2 mugs. Then added 8 mini marshmallows to each cup. He turns the stove off and picks up the 2 mugs. He heads back to the couch and said, "Here, Harry. Hot cocoa with mini marshmallows." Harry smiles as he takes his mug, "Thank you, dad." Snape nods, "You're welcome, Harry." Snape sits down and sips his hot cocoa with Harry.

Once they finished drinking, Snape takes the mugs and cleans them, then sets them on the rack to dry. He dries his hands, then heads back to Harry. He said, "The Christmas Feast will be starting to soon, we should head to the Great Hall, Harry." Harry nods, "Ok, dad. Let's go." Snape and Harry leave the quarters and heads up to the Great Hall. The great hall looked amazing with the Christmas decorations and the Christmas trees! Harry sees Ron and said, "Is it ok if I sit with my friend Ron, dad?" Snape nods, "Of course, Harry. Off you go." Harry smiles and said, "Thanks, dad." Snape nods and watches as Harry goes to sit with Ron. Snape goes up to the staff table and sits down. The students that stayed at Hogwarts, entered the great hall and took their seats. The 5 tables were suddenly laden with food that you would see at a Christmas dinner. The goblets filled up with pumpkin juice. The students and staff begins to eat and chat. Ron said, "I didn't know Snape knew about snowball wars! He nailed us good with those snow balls!" Harry laughs, "Yeah, I was surprised, too! He told me that he and mum were a formidable team when they were at Hogwarts. They beat anyone that challenged them to a snowball war." Ron grins, "Wicked! Even Dean and Seamus were impressed!" Harry grins back and continues to eat. Harry said, "He made me some hot cocoa after we went into the castle. We also decorated his quarters and the tree earlier today, too. It looks great!" Ron said, "I can't wait to come down and see what you get for Christmas!" Harry said, "I can't wait either!" They finish eating dinner. After dinner, they finished the rest of their homework together, then said their goodbyes. Harry heads down to Snape's quarters and finds the door open. Harry pokes his head and said, "Anyone home?" Snape pokes his head out of his potions lab and said, "Hello, Harry. I left the door open for you to enter. I had a ward placed on the door and doorway, in case someone comes into my quarters, that isn't you." Harry smiles, "Good idea, dad. You're brewing potions as always, aren't you?" Snape nods, "I am the Potions Master after all." Harry nods, "Yeah and a good one too, dad." Snape smiles slightly and said, "You may read the books from my library there, if you wish to. Help yourself to whatever you like to eat. I'll be out as soon as I finish brewing this potion for Madam Pomfrey. She's running low on it." Harry said, "Ok. dad." Snape pokes his head back into his potions lab and resumes brewing. Harry takes a book from Snape's library and starts to read. Once Snape was finished brewing, he sets the bottle of the finished potion aside with the others, to take up to Madam Pomfrey, tomorrow. Snape cleans his work station, then leaves his potion lab. He finds Harry curled up on the couch, asleep. The book he was reading, laid open on the floor. Snape takes the book, closes it and sets it on the coffee table. He carefully picks Harry up and carries him to his room. He lays Harry down and tucks him in. He removes Harry's glass and set them on the bedside table. He quietly goes to the door and takes one last look at him and said, "Pleasant dreams, Harry." He quietly closes the door as he leaves.