C H A P T E R 2 4

A/N: A long chapter for my amazing readers, did I ever mention how grateful I am for all of you Alhamdulilah! Things are getting heated and heated, what could possibly happen next?! Any suggestions of where this story would go?

It had been a very long time where the world felt like it revolved around me, it felt as if whatever was beeping in the air was all because of me. My heart thumped louder and louder, as the world slowly spun around me. The monitor silently fell flatline, all I heard were the child parents screaming in agony, in fear, yelling, and the nurses were trying to calm them down.

My hands were masked in the kids warm blood, and I just stood there. My head was already feeling heavy in pain, with everything, and now this, it was just getting too much. At this point I was numb, before I knew it.. I was out running towards the washroom. 'Breath in and Breath out' I kept pushing myself to remember. The kid - whom I do not know the name of - had an organ outside of his body which popped, and that was something we were trying to avoid. It was his hard, very weak, it's muscles and tissues barely held it up, and I was there, CPR was not going to do anything for the kid, and it really didn't... I tried to repair as much as bleeding as I could, but that poor child really didn't have much ahead of him anyways.

I gulped nervously, throwing the bloody gloves and gown in the trash I washed my face around 300 hundred times.

"dr. aiylah, they're calling you" someone called out through the door.

"um... yes...yes" my voice had it's own mind, I was so confused, and lost, and so scared to confront the parents. It had been ages losing someone from my own bare hands, I definitely had to stay strong because that always happens when you are a doctor... you meet patients that either go home, or die.

This was not the only time where I felt like all eyes were seeping into my soul, i was so distraught, that I hadn't realized that shortly after my trip at the hospital my body was in a whole different environment. Once only Zayna nudged me, I woke up and found myself in the cafe near the hospital. "you're not okay! what happened?!" Zayna caught me very well.

"just... a patient" I sighed shaking my head. Trust me I wasn't about to go on and start crying in front of my future sister in law to be.

"I can't imagine, is it really that hard" said Aisha, the one who dreams to be a medical student, "I mean look this scares me! what if i get attached to a patient alot and oh my god they die, oh my god" her usual girly side came out.

"it's not even about being close, it wasn't even my patient... it was still a human, and it still hurts" I sighed, "anyways... what theme have everyone decided on"

"could i speak with you Aiylah... aside" Samiya said.

My eyes snapped at her, confused as to why she wanted to talk to me privately. Obviously I didn't say no, "is everything okay" I questioned her.

"I have observed you"

and thats what I was hoping she didn't say, she's a fricken psychologist, obviously I wasn't the best at acting in the beginning. Could I just point out, who in there right mind starts of a conversation like that. Anyways, she continued on, "are you really into this marriage?"

I was pretty taken a back, "um, yes? why are you saying this?"

She discussed about how in our first meetings, i didn't seem like I was into it, or ready for it, it almost looked as if I was forced to sit there and deal with them, and then she went on to explain how now its different, and now i am more accepting, but basically she just wanted to check if I was down. I ended up clarifying everything, but boy oh boy, was she a good psychic... or psychologist, same thing right?