Part 8

Brendon's POV
Seeing Aubrey's interact with Pluto is adorable.
"He's a goofball." She smiled at me. That smile, god. It could end wars. We sat together for a while, the only sound being the running of her nebulizer and Aub's occasional coughs until she was done.
"And now I am all done, for now." She giggled.
"How about you get dressed and we can go do something?" I asked, she smiled and pushed a piece of her hair back.
"Um yeah sure, what do you wanna do?" She giggled, I shrugged.
"There's a record store around here, a mall, a library... you know all rockstar stuff," Aubrey smirked, I tilted my head. Malls mean fans, and who goes to a library?
"Or we could get pizza and watch a movie on my couch..." she smiled, I nodded and smirked at her.
"You know the way to my heart, pizza, and entertainment." She threw her head back and laughed at me. Pluto pawed at her leg, we stopped for a second.
"Let's see if your right because I feel fine." She mumbled to him, I looked at her confused.
"He is trained to alert me when my blood sugar is low, but he's still kinda new to it so sometimes his wrong but he's a smart cookie." She smiled pushing herself off the bed but quickly falling to the ground. I jumped into action grabbing her, she laughed.
"Well, maybe he is right. I just got up to fast, I'm okay." She smiled at me, she smiled makes me smile. Her giggle, god it is magic. I helped pull her up off the ground and helped her into the kitchen, where she went to a cabinet and pulled out a case. Inside there was a blackberry looking device, pen thing, alcohol wipes,  and rectangular strips.
"So this is my blood sugar stuff, this is a lancet it's the finger prick thing, my meter this tells me what my blood sugar is, these are test strips they are the middle man between poke and test... and these are wipes because cleaning stuff, it's kinda important." She explained I nodded along.
"Let me guess, wipe, finger prick-y thing, test strip, then blackberry?" I asked she giggled.
"It does look like a blackberry... you are quite right sir. You should get a gold star. Okay so, clean my finger, lancet but take the second drop of blood because of reasons? I don't know why, the test strip and meter!" She listed as she did it, we waited for the number to pop up.
"68," I called out, Aubrey through for a second.
"Okay, so it should be over 70 but I've been lower so... it's a win. So now a juice box." She said hopping up and opening her fridge, which may I say was basically empty other than juice, red jello, chocolate pudding, and Gatorade.
"Why is your fridge basically empty?" I questioned, she turned around a nodded.
"I don't eat, I can't eat complex foods because my body can't digest it. I'll just get ill. But I can have a simple thing, and I try for high sugar because of science or something so..." I laughed at her explanation, science.
"So no food? Like at all?" I asked confused.
"I try to eat stuff because if I just stopped all together my stomach would just stop and we are trying to not let that happen. So I try to stick to easy foods, like vegetables and fruits. But not say I haven't eaten other stuff because why not..."
"That's crazy... I can't imagine." I mumbled looking at her, she went into a cabinet and got a dog treat for Pluto.
"Good job buddy..." she smiled rubbing his head. Then she sat across from me at her table, drinking a juice box.
"What do you do for a living?" I asked, she sat back and sighed.
"I was originally going for my English masters in middle school and high school education but I had to drop out so now I do freelance editing and proofreading." She spoke, I could feel the pain in not being able to become a teacher. Having to give up her dream because of her health, but she kept a smile.

———————
Hi, friends, this is a crappy chapter... kinda filler but I know what I wanna do but I just have to get further into the story... but I just keep coming to this chapter and not liking it than avoiding it. Sorry, it took forever, wish it was better. Love you guys!