you are the reason

“If you guys ever would have brought him here this never would have happened

“If you guys ever would have brought him here this never would have happened. What were you thinking?”

“He was coming either way Mal.” Hailey informed her friend. She was right in assuming Mal would be pissed about their missing king. She was practically fuming.

“We just wanted to protect him.” Evie defended their actions. Hailey ran a hand through her red locks, trying to come up with a way to get their king back. She couldn't come up with any possible solution on her own.

Carlos stepped forward. “Yeah, and we completely blew it guys.”

“Okay.” Jay stepped in, stopping the argument from getting out of control. “Okay. So what are we gonna do?”

“We are not doing anything.” Mal emphasized, stepping down from her spot on the small set of stairs. “This is between Uma and me. And she’s a punk and guess what? Now I have to go get him.”

“Mal, you’re still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his warfrats.” Carlos told her, trying to talk her into letting them go with her. They had no idea what Uma had up her sleeve, but it couldn’t be could.

Jay nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you’re gonna need us.”

“Uma said to come alone.” Mal concluded.

“Mal come on.”

“She did say to come alone.” Hailey reminded Evie, who looked defeated. The last thing they wanted was for Mal to get jumped by Uma and her goons, but they would be risking Ben if they ignored Uma's demands and followed her. “So just go, and we’ll be here when you’re done.”

Mal nodded before walking away, leaving her four friends alone in her old home. Hailey’s eyes traveled to Carlos. He didn’t seem like his usually happy self. Some would just think it was because he was back on the isle, but she knew the real reason.

She couldn’t just leave him in the dark forever, it wasn’t fair to him. She had to tell him, and she figured now was as good as anytime.

“Uh, Carlos can we talk?” The white haired boy looked over at her. He nodded before following after her. Hailey led him a few buildings over. It was an abandoned warehouse, somewhere they could talk in complete privacy.

“Okay, look. I know you probably hate me for ignoring you for a whole week, but I had to think of a way to tell you this.” She began, fiddling with her fingers. She was beyond nervous. Ever since she had confessed her feelings for the boy she had always been over thinking things. She thought she would mess it up like she did everything else. "The night before our midterms, Tyler kissed me.”

“Hailey I-“

“No, please just listen.” She held up a hand to stop him from continuing. She needed to get everything out of her system or she would blow up. “I pushed him back, okay? I didn’t kiss him back at all. The guilt has been eating away since it happened and I began overthinking things like I always do, so I just ignored you and I-“