girl talk

“We need to talk

“We need to talk.”

Evie gabbed Mal by the arm, pulling her away from Ben, who walked away with Jane. She grabbed Hailey’s hand as well, dragging her along with them.

“No.” Carlos exclaimed, catching their attention. The three girls turned around, sending the white haired boy questioning looks. “You guys are always running off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff, or whatever. Jay and I are tired of it.”

“I’m not.” Jay said quickly, raising his hand slightly. Carlos sent him a glare, telling him to shut up.

“We’re your family too. We’ve been through a lot, together. We’re not stopping that now, okay?” His truth made the three girls feel bad. They had always talked about their problems in private, leaving the boys to do whatever it is they did. They never thought they would want to listen to their problems. “Everyone sit.”

Carlos sit on the ground, earning a small bark from the dog he was holding. Hailey sighed before sitting next to Evie, the other’s forming a small circle. Carlos glanced between the three girls. “I don’t know how to start girl talk.”

Jay shrugged. “What up?”

Hailey snickered at their attempt to get Mal to tell them what was bothering her. She was the one with the most secrets out of all of them. “Well, I’m a mess. I’m such a mess. I mean, six months ago I was stealing candy from babies, and now everybody wants me to be this lady of the court and I have no idea how to keep up the act.”

Hailey’s eyes softened as her friend told them her feelings. She had never opened up to them before, not even Evie. She had always kept her emotions to herself, but now she didn’t have to.

“Then don’t.” Carlos told her.

Jay sighed before he began to stand up. “See, this was dumb.”

“Maybe it wasn’t.” Evie retaliated, stopping the boy from leaving their circle. Evie grabbed Mal and Hailey’s hands. “We’re always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it. I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are.”

“We’re always going to be the outsiders here.” Hailey continued for her friend with a smile. “And that’s fine. We don’t need to be like anyone else anyways.”

“And we can’t fake it.” Carlos added. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn’t pretend to be the perfect Auradon students they wanted to be. They were themselves, and there was nothing wrong with that.

Mal sighed. “Yeah, and I mean, especially without my spell book.”

“Mal, if Ben doesn’t love the real you then he’s not the one.” Carlos informed the purple haired girl. Hailey smiled at the memory of their first ‘I love you’s’.

Hailey nodded. “You have to give him a chance.”

Evie sighed, squeezing the girl’s hand in a comforting way. “I’m gonna make some changes to your dress. And if you’re up for it, only if you’re up for it, it’ll be waiting for you, okay?”

The four friends stood up, leaving their purple haired friend alone with her thoughts.

-

“Do I really have to get up?”

Hailey curled up on Carlos’ bed, her face buried into his pillow. He chuckled at her before pulling on her hand softly. “Yes. The Cotillion is in three hours. You promised Jane that you would get there early to make sure things go right.”

“But I just want to sleep some more.” She told him. Jay had called a surprise practice as soon as he could, meaning Carlos couldn’t spend anytime with his girlfriend until the Cotillion. He gave her his key to his room, telling her to do whatever she wanted until he got back. She took the opportunity to take a well deserved nap.

Carlos had returned ten minutes ago, trying to wake the girl up.  She was conscious, but she refused to get off the soft bed. Instead, she reached forward, pulling the boy beside her, snuggling against him.

“Hailey.” Carlos said seriously. He wanted nothing more than to lay I bed with his girlfriend, but they made a commitment to the Cotillion. “We need to get ready.”

The red head sighed, finally opening her eyes. Mal had decided to go to Cotillion after all, and she needed their support. She lifted half of her body up, turning to face the white haired boy. “Fine. Five more minutes and I’ll get up.”

She leaned back down, pulling the boy’s head to lay on her chest. He complied, sitting still while she toyed with his hair. She always did enjoy running her fingers through the white locks. It was comforting.

The two enjoyed the five minutes they shared before they had to get up and get ready for the Cotillion, for they had went a whole week without speaking to one another. They had finally reunited, and they weren’t planning on giving up on each other any time soon.