the cotillion

“Everything turned out really great

“Everything turned out really great. You and Jane did amazing.”

Hailey smiled at the praise she received from Carlos. She was glad they no longer had to worry about planning this big event. Now they could relax ad enjoy the show to come.

“And you look amazing, as always.” Hailey blushed and the compliment. She would never get used to being complimented as mush as she was by him. Her red dress fit her perfectly. Of course it did, Evie made it. It reached mid thigh, meeting her black pantyhose. Her feet were covered by a pair of red leather heels. Half of her red hair was braided back, letting the simple necklace Carlos designed shine in the light.

She reached forward, straightening out his black and white tux. “You don’t look too bad yourself.”

The music stopped playing around them, meaning it was time for the introductions. The horns began playing, and everyone turned their attention to Lumeire, who would announce their arrival. Hailey and Carlos shared a glance before making their way to the front of the crowd, meeting Evie and Doug, along with Jay and Lonnie.

“The future lady; Mal.”

To say she was breathtaking would be an understatement. Hailey could take her eyes off of her friend as she made her way top of the stairs. Her dress was no longer a simple floor length dress anymore. Instead it had more ruffles, being longer in the back than in the front. Her purple her was braided back, showing her natural beauty.

Everyone started to cheer for the future queen, her friends being the loudest supporters in the crowd. Mal descended the stairs, meeting Ben’s father halfway. He reached for her arm, helping her down the rest of the steps.

Evie and Hailey stepped forward, each of them grabbing one of her hands to help her down the steps. Evie was the first to speak. “So, how are you?”

“Well, I sorta feel like I’m gonna throw up.” Mal told them truthfully. Hailey had never seen her friend so nervous, but she was just happy she was finally being open with them.

Hailey led the two girls over to their friends. “Don’t worry, we’re right here with you.”

The trumpets sounded again and this time it was for the king. “King Benjamin.”