008. probending time!

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 a few minutes of swimming, we finally arrived outside of the Probending Arena building, which was even more mesmerizing up close. It was a pristine, majestic, and luxurious palace that lit up the entire Republic City sky with its scintillating golden lights. 

I stretched my neck upwards to get a good look at the series of windows on the buildings upper stories. "Korra, let's enter through there," I said, pointing towards an open window. 

She looked up and smiled in satisfaction. We both spun around in the water, creating a funnel which carried us up to the window. We entered through it, leading us inside a long hallway. I turned to Korra, who was finishing drying herself, with twisted lips. "So, now what?"

"Uh. . .oh, look!" She pointed at two large set of doors straight ahead. "Let's it out."

We set off running down the hallway and stopped at the doors. I quietly peeked inside, finding a spacious room with equipment, earth disks, dumbbells, and punching bags scattered everywhere. 

"This is a nice looking gym," Korra remarked, admiring the huge amount of equipment.

"I suppose," I hesitantly replied before scolding Korra, who was trying out some of the dumbbells for herself. "Put that down, you idiot! This isn't what we came here for—"

"HEY!" A loud, hoarse voice boomed from the entrance. We quickly turned around and saw an old man, who was wearing a damp towel around his neck, sporting an irritated look across his wrinkled face. "What are you girls doing in my gym?!"

I frantically eyed Korra with panic, hoping she had some excuse up her sleeve, but all that loser suggested was: "Quick, Kat, go flirt with him or something! If you can buy me some time, I can—"

Midway through her plan, I couldn't help feeling incredibly offended. "Excuse me, do you think I can just use my special talents with just anyone? I have standards, you know?"

"So, you're into law enforcement then?" she quipped. 

"You can't blame me for that! I was about to be arrested for a crime you did—"

Seemed like we took that old man's state for granted, because by the time we could even come up with an excuse, he already had his hands on our shoulders and started pushing us towards the exit. We barely managed to get out off his grip before we had reached the double doors.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Korra raised her hands up defensively, sporting an innocent smile. "You got this all wrong! We were just, uh, looking for a bathroom, that's all!"