Chapter 1

"Please go out with me!"

Ugh. Another one.

How many is that this month?

There, in front of her, stood another boy from her school. He bowed deeply to her, professing his supposedly 'deep love' for her. He had called her out during lunch period to bring her to the courtyard so that they could have a private moment.

Except it wasn't all that private, considering his group of friends were right around the corner, peeping on them and eavesdropping.

She gave a long and dragged out sigh, causing the boy in front of her to flinch. He hesitantly looked up at her, only to shiver at her cold gaze.

"Why do you want to go out with me?" She questioned.

The boy furrowed his brows. "E-Eh? Uh...well...like I said! I-I like you!"

The girl only sighed again, growing more irritated with each word. "Let me be more specific then. What do you like about me?"

The boy froze. It was the sort of question that many boyfriends had dreaded hearing from their girlfriends. However, he was not her boyfriend and it seemed especially accusatory coming from her.

"O-Oh, well...you're just my type, you know?" He laughed slightly, one hand rubbing the back of his neck as he smiled sheepishly.

"No, I don't know. Please explain." Her face hadn't changed. It was always that annoyed expression and cold glare.

The boy immediately stopped laughing, his sheepish smile slowly turning into an uncomfortable grimace. He kept silent, trying to find the words that he thought would appease her.

After a moment of nothing from him, she tiredly sighed once more. "So, you can't explain. Which means there really is nothing about me that you like other than my appearance, is there?"

She had asked that rhetorically, but the boy still tried to defend himself. "Th-That's not true!"

She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow at him skeptically. "Really? Then how come you couldn't explain what it is about me that you like?"

The boy looked down, not having an answer for her. She sighed again. "Do we even know each other? Do you even know me?"

"O-Of course I know you! We're in the same school!" He shouted, struggling to cling onto any semblance of hope in this conversation.

"So, you know me. What's my favorite color? What are my hobbies? What kind of music do I listen to? What do I want to do in the future?" She paused her interrogation, giving him a chance.

He would have taken it if he could, but the fact is that he just couldn't. He remained silent again, staring at the ground in shame.

"You claim to know who I am. Yet, you can't even answer such basic questions? So, the only thing you liked about me really was just my appearance." She stared at him with that unrelenting, cold gaze of hers. The boy felt like he was growing smaller and smaller by the second.

"Fine. For the sake of this argument, let's say that you really do know me. Well, I certainly don't know you. I know that we go to the same school. Other than that, I know nothing about you. Not even your name. Now, tell me why I would go out with someone who is basically a complete stranger to me." Her voice was just as cold as her eyes. Calculated and ruthless. She waited a couple moments for him to respond. When he didn't, she turned on her heel.

"D-Don't you believe in things like love at first sight?!" He shouted after her.

She turned back around at him, scowling. "Do you understand just how ridiculous you sound right now? You denied that you only like me for my looks. Yet, you speak of 'love at first sight' as if that's not something somebody decides upon through appearances."