Author's Note

Hello Reader!

Thank you for taking a chance on Crumbling Cakes. With so many stories to choose from to spend your valuable time reading, I greatly appreciate you using that time to dive into the little world I've created!

A few disclaimers:

First and most important; This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Second, I take great pains to research and dissect topics, methods, procedures, facts, etc. within my bodies of work. However, things do get missed and oversights happen. These are purely accidental and I'm always all ears to learn accuracy regarding them. Other times, they may be purposefully altered for the sole purpose of moving the plot along. This is purely for the authors amusement, as well as, the readers. If the inaccuracy upsets or offends anyone, I apologize in advance and once again, am all ears to the facts!

Lastly, this story does cover some sensitive topics that could be considered a trigger.

Please be forewarned that this story does involve the following topics and if they are a potential trigger for you, take care in deciding if this story is the right one for you.

Trigger Warning:

Severe poverty; both adult and children.

Mentions or alluding to child abuse.

Physical and/or mental abusive relationships.

Human Trafficking.

Foul Language.

Sensitivity to diet.

The above come and go throughout the plot, some directly, others indirectly. This is a romance, and I strive for my Heroine and Hero to be in a healthy relationship; both platonic and romantic. But I also try to depict my characters with flaws, as they are human, and we are all prone to mistakes.

That's all! Once again, I thank you for your time and please enjoy the story.

Much love,

Annalis Nolan