Ænigma

"Kris hurry up or you will be late for your first day at University" Gun shouted from outside of Kris' room.

"You can go ahead P'Gun. I'll just go with Mark" Kris replied equally shouting.

"N'Mark your bestfriend? You're both going to the same University?" Gun beamed.

"Yes, and with the same Department" Actually, its Mark who decided to take up Political science because he wants to proceed with Law. And Kris, well he doesn't have plan for his future. He took the same discipline as Mark because why the fuck not?

"That's so cool. I don't have to be worried about you adjusting in college". Gun sounds relieve with the information.

"Why would you be worried? I'm entering college not kindergarten" Kris' tone is mocking.

"Don't be like tha.." Gun was immediately cut off by Kris

"Yeah yeah go to school now P'Gun" Kris dismissed him.

"Ok. See you around then" Gun finally left him and went downstairs to bid their mother goodbye.

"Give not into temptations my dear child" her mother pronounced while looking at him with a worried eyes. Every time Gun leaves the house, his mother will make sure to remind him to carry his cross properly.

"Yes mother" he 'wai' at his mother and headed out to his old beat up motorbike.

Upon reaching the university, Gun met his friends Type and Champ who were also at the same department as him.

"Good morning captain" Champ greeted Gun as soon as his eyes landed on him.

"What captain?" Gun asked in confusion. "Isn't Type the prospected new captain this year?"

"I declined. I have other shits to do and besides, I believe in your potential" Type smiled sheepishly.

"Really? That's your excuse?" Champ rolled his eyes, pupils almost disappearing completely "If I know you just want more time to fuck with your lover. Thirsty af?"

Gun just slightly shook his head at Champ's snarky remark but Type took it as a direct personal attack.

"Boy if you don't shut up I'm gonna accept the offer and demand you to do laps as many times as you quickly jump into conclusions". Type snapped. He looks mature, acts mature, but Champ always knows how to trigger the immaturity in him. Its like his specialty.

"Ok that's enough" Gun pitched in before things escalates. "I'm actually very happy that Type let me be the captain because I really wanted to be one. Its like a dream come true". His soft lips stretched into a smile that made Type and Champ guilty with the way they were acting.

"I...I will be the vice captain....so...so I will do my best to help" Type was trying to regain his composure.

"That's good" Champ voiced out when he actually wanted to reply Type with; ''thats the least you could do'. But he thought that's enough teasing for the first day of classes.

The days went by pretty much uneventful. Now Gun is at the football field with Type and Champ to start with their football practice.

"P'Gun" Plan, the very energetic and talkative second year player made his way to Gun.

"What now? Are you hungry again?" Champ raised his left eyebrow at the very eager kid. "Gun might have to starve if you keep asking him to treat you every single day". He has a very sharp tongue, that's to be noted.

"Nope, Not Today" Plan answered. There is something suspicious with the way he was smiling so widely.

"Any problem you want to talk with your captain?" Gun asked Plan while actually getting it across to Champ, emphasizing the word 'captain'. He wants to remind Champ that as a captain, people seek him for advice and not just for foods.