Chapter Fifteen: I Heard You.

Harley

It was a Saturday night. And I was expecting a nice night. A night all to myself in my bed with a bowl of popcorn and Netflix on my laptop. I was in a yellow night dress, and the lights were dimmed. Brielle was not here, which is the first in many weeks. And Mom was staying over at a colleague's place.

In all honesty, I felt like I was on a date with myself. There was a jug filled with orange juice, a companion glass and a smaller plate of well-arranged chocolate-covered strawberries-- all self-made on the bed-side table.

What I did not quite expect was a sobbing popular girl in my arms at the front door, the smell of beer radiating off of her.

I slowly pushed the door shut with my left foot and then helped her upstairs to my room, an arm around her waist. She was limping for some reason. I heavily suspected a sprain. The tears wouldn't stop pouring and I'm infamously awkward around crying people.

I mentally groaned as she sobbed beside me. I'm gonna make her worse.

I led her into my room and shut the door behind me. She made her way to my bed and I took away the laptop and bowl of popcorn on it, placing them on my study-table safely.

As for Samantha, I poured a glass of orange juice and offered it to her. Since my date was ruined, I thought I might as well offer some of its remnants to the unexpected visitor.

Something hurt at the sight of her like this. I felt a deep need to somehow make it go away and see her smile. And sober.

"What the fuck happened, Sam?" I said softly, watching her down the juice.

She wiped away the tears and gave me the empty glass back.

"I. . . s-saw someone."

"You saw someone and you're here? Like this?" I asked her, skeptically.

She scoffed. "Y-you're. . .one to t-talk."

I grimaced at that.

She gave me a look.

She's right. I should know what she's going through. She saw it happen to me that night at the dance. With Norah.

The grimace melted away into a thin-lipped smile.

"Wanna talk about it?"

She looked around at the floor, disoriented and conflicted, an effect of being drunk as well as shocked.

"No, not. . . not really," she muttered, more to herself than me, but I heard her loud and clear.

"Okay, how about we get you cleaned up then?" I said, helping her up.

"Okay," she mumbled, drowsily.

I helped her to the bathroom and had her sit on the toilet seat. She had black lace tights on paired with a body-hugging red dress. I kneeled in front of her, getting ready for what's next.

It took me a few seconds to realize that she was giggling.

"What?" I asked irritatedly.

"Y-you're gonna s-see me. . . naked," she said, a tone of mischief evident in her voice, glimmering in her eyes.

"So?" I mumbled distractedly, staring at the bathroom floor, moving my hands against her laced knees, towards the hem of her dress.

"So nothing," she said, nonchalantly shaking her head, still giggling.

I inhaled deeply and began moving my hands below her dress. I could feel the skin underneath the lace and a shiver went down my neck. This is not good, not good at all. I could feel the heat building down below.