30

(Y/N POV)

One of a kind.

"You don't know why?"

I bit my lip in a mixture of happiness and confusion. I was already marking down this moment as my favorite thing to happen to me. But I couldn't tell if what Peter said was simply cute or truthful.

"No-well, I dO!" he fumbled, "bUt- I... you're jus-"

"I'm just what?"

He sighed, and smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand. He seemed frustrated at himself, and all I wanted to do in the moment was give him a hug.

"I don't know why I like you," he explained, "because you're just so out of my league and it's hard to dream of being with you when I know in the end you'll never choose me. And I don't know if I can deal with that sort of rejection right now because then I'll probably end up crying alone in my room when I'm supposed to be at my job, so can we forget I even told you that??"

I paused, my eyes widened in shock. So this was what was going on in his brain a few minutes ago. It seemed to strike a chord in my stomach, as I realized I had felt almost exactly the same way this whole time.

"Pete," I muttered, "I'm never going to forget that."

"Oh god, I'm s-sorry."

"I like you too, didn't you notice?"

"Youlikemetoo?"

I laughed, and brushed a piece of stray hair behind my ear. I could feel my cheeks heat up just by admitting it, and I stared back at his dark brown eyes. Jeez, I'd never get tired of looking at him.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, "a lot."

"A lOT? Omg this isn't real."

He ran a hand through his wavy brown hair, a smile on his face. His whole vibe changed from nervous to ecstatic, and it made me beam with happiness.

"This is way better than when Mr. Stark asked me to come to germany!" he yelled, "I love this day so much!"

"Pete, you do realize you told the whole world you know Tony Stark?"

People were already looking up from their phone, confused on why an American teenager from queens was yelling about the international billionaire. I shook my head in humored disappointment, and place my forehead in my palm.

"oH," he squeaked, "you heard that, didn't you?"

"I did. So did everyone living in Berlin."

"At least I didn't tell them I'm spiderman."

I shoved my hand over his mouth, and dragged him over to the less crowded side of the street. His eyes widened as he realized what he just let slip. If he was an actor, he'd probably spoil all his movies.

"Parker," I said, "shut up."

"I WAS JOKING!"

"About what?"

"ABOUT BEING SPIDER-MAN!"

"No you weren't, and STOP YELLING!"

"Wait, how do you know that?"

I debated telling him the truth. This was the perfect moment to say 'hey! I'm your boss's daughter!', yet somehow I felt that wasn't the best idea. My brain ran through some ideas and excuses, and I came up with the perfect one.

"I was there when you saved me from those robbers," I explained, "when we went grocery shopping."

"Oh, you saw me?!"

"Well, it's a little suspicious when your best friend disappears right when Spider-boy shows up."

"It's spider-MAN."

"No. you're my baby boy. Spider-BOY."

His eyes lit up and his cheeks puffed up into a smile, "baby boy?"

I grabbed his hand and started pulling him back towards the coffee shop. We kept our hands interlaced as I went to find a table. We decided to grab a spot near the window, and this time he sat beside me for the first time. I was pretty sure it was because he didn't let go of my hand, but I didn't mind. At all, really.

"Are we dating?" he asked sheepishly.

"I don't know, did you ask me?"

"I didn't."

"Good. I want to do it. Will you be my boyfriend, Peter Parker."

His face turned a shade of red, and he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. Sometimes this boy is too cute for his own good.

"Can I?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. He was way too much for me to handle. Yet somehow he was just perfect.

"Of course you can," I said, "I'd be honored."

Sry I was gone for a long time, I was busy starting my new series and doing summer homework for my AP class next year. I'll also be out of range next week, so I'll try to double post later this week! :)