don't go | yuno x reader

Author's Note:

Okay, so you know Kingdom Hearts, right? Well, the song above is Kairi's theme. It's the inspiration for this oneshot. I recommend listening to it while you read this. If you can't read while listening to music with lyrics, then I there's an instrumental version on youtube if you'd still like to listen to the song.

Enjoy, Lovely.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(m/t) = Magic Type

(F/n) = Father's Name

(L/n) = Last Name

Ten Years Ago

"(Y/n), I have to go now, but I promise you'll be in good hands while I'm gone. There are other children here as well. I'm sure you'll get along just fine," (F/n) spoke with a rigid tone. (Y/n) had been clinging to his left leg ever since they arrived in the modest village of Hage. Her face displayed no ounce of sorrow nor disturbance, but she still kept a tight grip on the bottom of her father's leg.

"Don't go," (Y/n) looked up at her father. Her (e/c) eyes were dull and cold.

Ever since her mother had tragically passed away, the young (L/n) had never been the same. As if that weren't enough, her puppy died from an illness weeks after. She was left to bury the poor thing by herself. Digging a secondary grave, she planned to be six feet under before her life could get any worse.

Now, here she was in Hage village, saying farewell to her father.

"I'll tell you what, (Y/n). If you cooperate with me right now, I'll come back to visit you. I'll come here the same time next year, and the year after that, and so on. How does that sound?" (F/n) knew he had no choice but bargain with his daughter. She was far too stubborn.

"Pinky promise?" the five-year old held out her tiny pinky finger.

"Pinky promise," her father nodded, locking her pinky with his own.

And so she waited...and waited...and waited....

Present Time

(Y/n) is now fifteen years old. After she was left at the church that day, she befriended all the children at the church, as well as Sister Lily. (Father Orsi is chopped liver XD)

Currently, she's training with Asta and Yuno, I think....

"COME ON, YUNO! I'M NOT GONNA STOP 'TIL I LAND A HIT ON YOU!"

"Asta, don't you think we've done enough training for today?" Yuno rolled his eyes.

"NO WAY! WE'RE NOT DONE UNTIL I LAND A HIT!"

(Y/n) sat on the ground reading a book she had read a million times before. It was given to her by her mother. Back then, she was too young to read such a complex novel, but now that she's older, she had taken it upon herself to read it over and over again. Her heart clenched at the thought of her mother. But she quickly felt heartbroken due to the absence of her father. Tomorrow would be the anniversary of the day she arrived to Hage with her father ten years ago. He still had yet to fulfill his promise.

Yuno noticed that (Y/n) hadn't said a word all day. He didn't want to bother her about it, though. It wasn't uncommon of her to be so distant, anyway.

"(Y/n), let's spar! I'll beat you this time, I swear!" Asta interjected.

(Y/n) inwardly chuckled at his confidence, but her face remained neutral. She nodded, setting her book aside and brushing off her shorts (or skirt, idc).

Yuno stood on the side, as he was glad to finally get a break. Besides, he had always admired her magic. It was mesmerizing.

"Ready, Asta?" she softly spoke.

"READY!"

(Y/n) used her (m/t) to maintain a distance between herself and the determined boy. When she knocked him over, he'd only get right back up.

Yuno kept his eyes focused on the (h/c) haired girl. It annoyed him that Asta was being so persistent. Yuno could clearly see that she was physically and mentally drained. Yet, she put Asta's satisfaction above her own.

"Asta, I think she's had enough," Yuno suddenly snapped.

"Huh?! But I didn't even land a hit on her yet!" Asta whined.

(Y/n) turned toward Yuno with curious eyes. He caught her gaze but turned to walk back to the church, the small flush of his cheeks going unnoticed. Asta and (Y/n) followed behind him silently, after (Y/n) grabbed her book, of course.

~Time skip brought to you by Kingdom Hearts~

During dinner, Asta and Yuno were discussing the Magic Knights Exam. They kept bickering about who would be the Wizard King and all that. The conversation made (Y/n) feel uneasy.

"(Y/n), aren't you going to eat? I thought you loved tatoes (<---is that right?)?" Sister Lily wore a concerned expression.

"I do...I'm just...I'm just not hungry. Thank you though, Sister Lily," (Y/n) replied quietly, "May I be excused?" she added.

"Oh, um...of course," Sister Lily answered.

Everyone watched in silence as she exited the room, leaving behind her novel on the dinner table.

"(Y/n), you forgot your-" Yuno was cut off by the sound of a door closing.

He picked up her book and followed after her. After a few minutes of searching, he finally found the cold-hearted beauty outside, sitting crisscrossed in the grass. She gazed up at the stars, a single tear slipped from her eye, only to be quickly wiped away. Yuno had never seen her cry before. The sight broke his heart.

"(Y/n)?" he cautiously muttered.

She turned around, her eyes wandering anywhere but his. This time, she didn't bother to hide her tears. Instead, she just fell apart. Yuno knelt down to cradle her. He had never experienced this closeness with her. Whenever she hurt herself as a child from training, she'd never let anyone help her feel better. She always handled her own wounds. This was a completely different side of her.

"You're gonna leave. You're gonna leave and never come back...just like...just like him. Don't go," the (brunette, blonde, etc.) mumbled.

"Is that what you're worried about?" Yuno asked.

(Y/n) nodded, wiping her tears away.

"Why don't you just come with us to take the exam? I'm sure you'll make it in."

"No, I can't. What if he finally comes back and I'm not here to see him? He promised...."

Her voice trembled. She sounded so broken.

"Look...your never going to move on with your life if you won't let go of that promise. I'm sorry, but you're far too talented to stay in Hage all your life," Yuno stated gently.

(Y/n) looked up at him, taking his words into consideration.

"I'll think about it," she finally replied.

Yuno smiled, satisfied with her response.

Once he becomes a Magic Knight, he wants to spoil her with his wages. He wants the best for her...he always has. And once he's Wizard King, he'll make her his wife...hopefully.

End.

Author's Note:

How was that? Was it rushed? Too long? (That's what she said) I've never written a oneshot before, so I hope it was decent to say the very least, my friend.

Word Count: 1,196