CAPUT SEPTENDECIM

The two remained a crumpled mess on the stairs at the foot of her throne, holding onto one another as if their lives depended on it - not that it did anymore because Lucy was immortal and Jungkook... Jungkook was dead.

"Jungkook..." She lifted her teary eyes and cupped his cheeks gently, scared that if she was to touch him with any harder of a grip that he would end up how she had last saw him a few days ago.

"Luce..." He smiled softly. Jungkook was relieved that he had his body back to how it was before he died, guaranteed he didn't know how he was before he died but he was definitely able to move and talk again - and that was all that mattered to him.

"I..." Lucy was overwhelmed, she had never thought in her entire life that such a sweet man like Jungkook would end up in her realms.

"It was so lonely." Jungkook spoke softly, sitting up which placed Lucy in his lap but neither of them complained at this. "Death is so lonely. I don't know how long it has been since I was deceased, but I was just floating in darkness... there was no light at the end of the tunnel, there was no highlight reel of memories from my life... There was nothing. All I can remember is your face before I let go... and even then that turned into nothingness too-"

"I know the feeling." Lucy spoke softly, gently reaching up and playing with his hair. "I've been in that situation before. Only once, but I've been there before."

"You've died before?"

"Yes... That's how I came here." She gestured around. "Anyway, are you okay? You're not in pain or anything?" Her happy face turned to one of concern again and his heart broke seeing this. He shook his head.

"I'm fine. I promise." He whispered softly. "I feel as good as new, if not better."

"Good good, usually people when they pass, come here in the way they pass. I was so scared that if you were coming here that you'd still be the way you were when I last saw you..." She was getting herself upset again, and she knew this and Jungkook knew this so he simply held her close to his body and rubbed her back.

"Well I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me..." He whispered. "How were Namjoon and Yoongi? How was my brother?"

"Namjoon and Yoongi took the news hard..." She spoke softly. "I was there before you called me here. I visited your brother too, he was heartbroken and he didn't really want to believe it..."

"Oh..." He spoke softly.

"But we can go see them all whenever you like?" Lucy offered with a kind smile. "It'll be hard because you'll have very limited contact with them now that you're here and vice versa but it gets easier after a while."

Jungkook nodded. "For right now, I need to let things settle in." He whispered softly. "After that I'll go see them with you."

Lucy nodded and smiled softly at him. She didn't know how he got here, but she wasn't going to complain.