Chapter 29: Timing

"Their love was strong, but timing was wrong...and love decided that they didn't belong."

                                                                                                                                                -Anonymous

Your eyes were wide with terror as you ran through the walls of the ancient palace, your legs carrying you as fast as they possibly as you searched every single room you came across.

You had to find him.

You had to find Jungkook.

After your realization, you wasted no time in trying to find the young Emperor, your heart racing as you prepared yourself for the worst. You had been searching the palace grounds for hours...the sun had already set and the moon had taken its place in the sky.

But none of that mattered. You were going to find Jungkook.

You never should have left him alone.

You knew that Daesung was after him. You new that he was in danger, but you didn't even take that into consideration..You let your curiosity get in the way of your common sense...You should have stayed with him..or at least brought him into the tunnels with you.

This was not your day.

First, you had found out that your best friend was trying to kill you, and then you were almost raped by a pervy ghost and then you find out Jin is actually alive and you almost lose him and then to top it all off, after it seems like everything is finally turning around, you find out that the man you loved didn't even remember who you were...

Not your day at all.

A curse escaped your lips as you slammed your fist into the doorpost of your bedroom.

He wasn't there.

You had no idea where he was. You had no clue what had happened to him or when Daesung had managed to possess Jungkook again, but you knew one thing...You were in trouble.

All of you were in trouble.

You had searched the entire palace, trying desperately to find out where he had gone to, but you couldn't find anything..nothing that could help you pinpoint his location.

Daesung had probably fled from the palace at his first chance, regaining his power before Jin could cast him out agai-

Wait.

You let out a heavy sigh, running a hand through your hair.

Jin wasn't a spirit anymore...So how were you supposed to get Daesung out of Jungkook's body?

"Y/n."

Your eyes shot up at the familiar voice that filled your ears.

Hoseok stood beside you, a stressful expression on his face as he took in your disheveled state of panic.

"Did you find him?" You asked.

The former warrior shook his head slowly, giving you a sympathetic look.

"No." He said. "I'm sorry."

You nodded your head in understanding, biting your lip as you pushed past him.

"We just have to keep looking."

Hoseok's firm grasp on your forearm stopped your movements instantly, your gaze moving to his, brows furrowing in confusion.

"What are you doing?" You asked with a raised brow.

You watched as the black-haired man sighed deeply, his golden-brown eyes searching your blue orbs.