Truth or Dare

Bev sat on the couch in the basement, tapping her foot impatiently. "I'll go first," she said once Richie finished telling Eddie the rules and seemed ready to start. Everyone stayed quiet, allowing Bev to start. She stared directly at Bill.

"Bill! Truth or dare?" she asked with an innocent smile, earning a death glare from Bill and a confused look from Stan.

Eddie covered his mouth to hide his smile.

"D-dare," Bill finally said, causing everyone but Bev and Eddie to look surprised. He never chose dare.

Bev frowned, realizing her plan had been foiled. She then regained her smile, making Bill widen his eyes in fear. "Bill, I dare you to kiss who you think the cutest person in the room is."

Bill narrowed his eyes at her, his jaw clenched. "P-pass."

"You can't pass!"

"Au contraire," Richie said in a French accent. "As stated when we first began playing this splendid game, everyone retains the right to one pass."

"Fuck you Tozier," Bev snarled, her plan not going as expected.

"Sorry, Bevvie. Only Eds can do that," Richie said, throwing an arm around Eddie who blushed bright red.

"That's gross, Richie," Eddie snapped, pushing Richie's arm off of him and glaring.

"Bill, it's your turn," Stan said, ending the bickering instantly.

"F-fine. Mike, truth or d-dare?" Bill asked, relaxing since he didn't have to expose himself to the rest of the group.

"Truth," Mike answered plainly with a smile. He didn't have anything to hide.

"Uh, h-have you ever g-gotten blackout drunk?" Bill asked, even though everyone knew the answer.

"You guys already know the answer," Mike said with a laugh. "Once, only because Richie doesn't know the difference between normal lemonade and hard lemonade."

"It was in an unmarked pitcher in my fridge!" Richie argued, but his eyes were sparkling with silent laughter.

"And to be fair, we could tell it had vodka in it but chose not to say anything," Bev said nudging Richie's shoulder.

Eddie was shocked but laughed along anyway. That was a very Richie thing to do, so he couldn't be that surprised.

"Okay," Mike said, ending the alcohol conversation. "Eddie! Truth or dare?"

Eddie looked at Richie who nodded encouragingly.

"Uh, truth?" he asked uncertainly.

"What's the furthest you and Richie have gone?" Mike asked, even though he had an idea of what the answer was. He just wanted Eddie to feel comfortable talking about himself.

Eddie looked to Richie for help, not really knowing what Mike meant. Richie leaned over and explained what the question implied, making Eddie go bright red and bite the inside of his cheek nervously.

"Uh, we've just made out," Eddie muttered, embarrassed, feeling slightly reassured by Richie rubbing his back.

"You wanna go Eds?" Richie asked quietly, knowing Eddie wasn't fully enjoying talking about himself. As he expected, Eddie shook his head, so Richie decided to take his turn.

"Stan the Man! Truth or dare?"

Stan rolled his eyes. "Dare."

"I dare you to tell me who gave Bill a hickey."

Everyone sat in a stunned silence. Bill and Stan were both bright red, Eddie and Bev were holding in their laughter, and Ben and Mike shared confused eye contact before looking at Bill to see the mark.