Chapter Three

{improvement} 

The shadows against the valley were now twice as long as themselves as the afternoon settled in. The air was damp, smelling faintly of a car's exhaust fumes. The sun dipped lower in the sky until the trees that lined the river stood as black statues, silhouetted against the darkening sky. 

A gasp escaped Jimin's parted lips as Yoongi dodged his head on attack, reaching out to take a firm hold of Jimin's torso. Eyes narrowed in determination, Jimin took a tight grip on Yoongi's shoulders, flipping him around before pinning him to the ground. 

The blue haired male let out a grunt as his back collided with the grassy floor below him, a breath of defeat escaping his doll like lips as Jimin pinned him to the floor. Rolling his sharp eyes, Yoongi sighed, "You win, again."

With the soft rays of the setting sun cast upon his soft features, Jimin's lips ticked up into a grin, his golden hair falling over his eyes as he removed his grasp from Yoongi's shoulders allowing for the annoyed male to sit up, "You've seriously gotta work on your close combat Yoongi." he chuckled, extending a hand to the blue haired male. 

Slipping his pale hand into Jimin's Yoongi rose to his feet, "I know, I know." he muttered coldly under his breath. But a smirk was quick to replace his scowl when he faced the blonde, "But enough of that... it's time for shooting practice."

An evil smile twisted its way across Yoongi's lips when Jimin let out a groan of pure annoyance. Unlike Yoongi who had previous close combat experience, Jimin had zero experience with shooting. In a way, it was actually quite worrying to Yoongi. Jimin needed to know how to wield a weapon other then his two daggers, because one day he might seriously need to. 

Guiding Jimin over to a nearby tree, Yoongi gestured towards the large axe mark in the centre of the wooden trunk. Yesterday, for his own practice Yoongi found an axe in the old shed behind the cottage. He dragged the metal through the field and swung the sharpened edge at the tree, creating a perfect and clean cut line on it's side. 

Smirking, he pointed at the axe mark, "Try and land a shot directly on the line." he spoke up, shoving his hands into the pocket of his oversized hoodie before pulling out one of his trusty hand guns, holding it out to the other male. 

Gulping, Jimin took the weapon into his hand, fingers brushing ever so slightly against Yoongi's longer ones as he took ahold of the gun. He walked off to the side, aligning himself with the tree as he rose the weapon. Pressure began building against his chest as Yoongi's sharp feline eyes pierced into him, waiting to see just how well Jimin could actually shoot. 

With eyes squinted, Jimin allowed his lungs to take in a breath of air as he wrapped a finger around the trigger, tightening it against the metal. Jimin almost flinched the moment the bullet shot through the barrel, a loud popping sound echoing across the valley as the bullet pierced through the crisp evening air and wedged itself into the wooden tree trunk. 

Yoongi's eyes widened in surprise, "Not bad," he commented, eyes narrowed on the bullet that was now wedged between the bark a couple of centimetres from the target. "But there's still a lot of work that needs to be done." he spoke.

Scoffing, Jimin's arms fell limply to his side, "It's not my fault Taehyung left a knife in his backpack on day zero!" Jimin exclaimed, kicking a patch of grass, "he should've left a gun."

Choking on his own saliva, Yoongi's usually half lidded eyes comically widened, "Wait- Taehyung was carrying a knife to school!?"

Jimin cocked a brow, "Yeah, every day." he spoke before he snorted, lips curving into a smile, "You're a police officer and you didn't know?" he laughed, bending over as a large toothy smile spread its way across his face, eyes crinkling up as he chuckled.