Chapter 92

Bucky's POV:

Without having to tell each other, steve and I flank Rebecca on each side. She looks up at each of us, taken aback just before we grab an arm each and steer her down a side corridor. I sneak one last look at (Y/N) as she looks back worriedly, only fuelling my fire to make this woman suffer for what she's done to my family.

Once we are out of sight of anyone else I yank her out of Steve's grip and slam her up against the wall myself, pinning her down in an even more aggressive manner than what I did to Steve. She gasps and squirms beneath me.

"Why did you do it?" I spit.

For the first time since I came across Rebecca, after all that time in the hospital that I came to trust her and thought she was genuinely nice, I see something evil I. Her eyes.

She just smirks cunningly at me, unspeaking.

I pick her up and slam her against the wall making her cringe as her head hits the hard material.

"Why!? Who are you?" I shout.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Steve and Peggy just standing there letting me do my thing.

Rebecca - if that's even her real name - just collects her cool and shrugs. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb. There's no one else it could've been." I snarl.

"What about your friend standing right over there?"

Now Steve advances but I place a hand on his chest and hold him back.

"It's okay Steve I've got this." I say through gritted teeth.

I switch from pressing against her chest to holding her throat with my metal hand.

"You better start talking right now or else you may never get the chance to talk again," I say coldly.

Her eyes go wide as she starts to claw at my hand.

"You wouldn't do that." She rasps.

I lift her slightly off the ground. "Oh I've done much worse. And I'd have you done for attempted murder, meaning that my sentence wouldn't be anything compared to yours. Even if it was though, I'd do anything to protect my family."

Finally she starts to panic. "I-it wasn't meant to kill him." She starts.

"Bullshit." I press.

"Well, I mean, added bonus if it does. But it's main goal was to kill off the serum in him. It didn't work on your daughter but it did exactly what I wanted to him." She smirks. "Thats why I took him away earlier, there was no scan. Your dumb bitch of a wife fell for that so easily. I simply wanted to top him up a little... make sure it was doing its job."

I can't help but let out a raw of fury. "Why would you do that? Who do you work for?"

"We don't need more of you super soldier mutants out there in the world. And who do you think?" She grins maniacally.

"Tell me right now or I swear to god." I yell in her face.

She lets out a strained laugh. "Hail... hydra."

I nearly drop her at the shock.

"I-it's you? It was all you?" I stutter in disbelief that I couldn't have seen it.

"Peggy, call Howard to get security here now and the police on the line." I hear Steve say from behind me. "And get a isolation cell ready."

"On it." She states in reply.