Chapter 31: Shiiitttt

-Heather's POV

"We have a problem!" 

I am currently sitting outside of the Sanford's home drinking tea and playing puzzles with Luca. I look up to the patio door where I see Theo running his fingers through his hair. He looks like he has the weight of the world on him. I kiss Luca's head and stand up walking towards Theo gently tugging him to the side. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Xavier is out, like OUT and I don't think this company will sign without him." 

"What do you mean out?" I say calmly.

"The medicine he took has knocked him out and I can't wake him in time." He throws his hands up showing his frustration. I think about it for a minute trying to see what I could do. I got it!

"Do you have the contract for this?"

"Yeah but why-" 

"Get the documents and bring them to me. I-"

"Angel, I don't think-"

"If you want to close on this deal do as I say." He looks questionable but sighs and nods before walking back in the house.  I walk back over to Luca and sit down with him. I explain to him that I am going to have to help daddy for a little bit which he doesn't mind. I pull out my phone and call Cami. 

"Aww, miss me already?"

"Yes, but I need your help? I'm going to send you Xavier's address, I need you to come over with one of my suit dresses and heels." 

"Okkaaayyy but why?"

"Long story, would you mind helping me with Luca for a few while I handle something." 

"No problem H, heading out in 15 minutes." 

She hangs up and I take a deep breath. Lord, help me get through this. I look back towards the screen door to see Theo coming out with the documents. He sits down beside me as I begin scanning through the documents making sure I understand what is going on. It seems to be a pretty straight forward deal. 

"Are you sure about this Heather?" Theo ask looking curious. 

"You already know who I am so you know what I am capable of." I smirk seeing him pale and clear his throat. It didn't take a genius to know that Xavier more than likely had a background check done on me since I was hanging out with his son. I would have felt upset if I didn't see it from his perspective- he was protecting his son.

"You- you know?" His eyes are like a deer caught in head lights while he stutters. I chuckle at him. He takes a deep inhale and releases a breath trying to figure out what he is going to say next. I place my hand on his and give it a gentle squeeze. 

"You both need to work on your poker faces. And in regards to this deal, I know the company. I know how to deal with them." I nod reassuring myself as well as him. 

"Miss Drake, there is a woman claiming to be your sister here?" Tessa says standing at the door. I nod at her while Cami comes barreling out. 

"Where's my nephew?!?" She says looking around before Luca raises his head. She puts her hands on her hips and tilts her head to the side while smiling. 

"Are you Aunt Cam?" Luca ask standing up in his seat. She nods her head while walking over to him. 

"Nice to meet you Luca! I have something fun for us to do while the adults work." His face lights up as Cami gather's him in her arms. I smile watching the exchange. Cami loves kids and is good with them... for the most part. "H, your outfit is with Tessa."