1. Room.

Chapter 1: Room

Sweaty bodies surround me as I dance in the middle of this crowded living room. I had a little too much to drink and now I'm dabbing like a monkey on steroids.

The smooth tunes of the music flow through ears and I dance like no one's watching and I know they are. I keep on dancing and I run my hand through my hair when a hand grabs me by my waist and pulls me to its body.

It's a boy's hand, I can feel his muscles.

I'm too drunk to function right now. I turn around and it's the devil.

Zachary Henderson is standing in front of me with that stupid smirk on his face.

I feel like slapping his cute face.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asks and I turn sober immediately. He hasn't seen me in two years and he asks me this stupid shit.

He holds my waist and pulls me closer. Uh-no, not today Satan.

I shove him in the chest and walk towards the restroom. I enter the restroom and I wash my face with water. The mascara I had on, is now dripping down my crimson cheeks. I wash the mascara off my eyes and grab a paper towel and clean the droplets of water on my skin.

Zachary storms into the restroom and I flinch.

"I was looking for you." He says coming closer to me as I move backwards.

"Get away from me." I yell.

"You can pretend you don't miss me, but I know you do." He says grabbing my hand, pulling me closer to his body. I try to get out of his hold, but he's too strong.

"Let go of me." I scream trying to get out of his tight grip.

"No." He says grinning.

"I am erasing you and I'm happy." I tell him and pain flashes through his blue eyes.

He lifts my chin up and kisses me. I push him away and run out of the restroom.

I call an Uber on my phone and I stand outside to wait for it. It's chilly out here, but I'll manage. Anything is better than being in the same room with that lunatic.

Majority of the people at the party left an hour ago and my Uber hasn't arrived yet.

I'm sitting on the front porch of the house and I scroll through Instagram. I laugh at a video of a cat chasing a mouse. I clean my eyes that start to water from laughing so hard.

My Uber finally arrives and I am about to get in when Zachary pulls me aside.

"I'll take her home." Zachary tells the Uber driver. "Thank you." He adds.

I frown as I watch the Uber driver zoom off.

"Get in the car." He says pointing at the black sports car parked at the edge of the sidewalk.

"I'd rather walk a thousand miles." I tell him as I start walking home.

He gets in his car and starts driving beside me.

"Just get in." He groans.

"No." I say, my tone is solid.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because I feel like walking." I say, quickening my steps.

"You can't possibly walk all the way home. You live uptown and that's like 30 blocks from here." He says.

"Watch me." I clap back.

Drizzles of rain fall on my skin and I put my hand by my sides.

"C'mon. It's going to rain. Get in." He says, pleading with me.

I stare at him, then I stare at the car. Then I make the irrational decision to get in. His car is cold and smells like citrus. Then I notice the air freshener hanging beside the AC. Zachary revs the engine to life and he starts driving at an unfamiliar speed and I hold on to my seat belt.

"Whoa, slow down. I'm trying to make it to twenty one." I scream.

"I'm not even speeding, look." He says pointing at the speedometer which was on sixty.

"Well, you're going too fast." I complain.

"That's what she said." He says, chuckling to himself.

"You are disgusting." I tell him, covering my ears.

"You're such a prude." He says and I scowl at him.

"I am not." I say, yelling back at him.

"Whatever." He replies making a left turn.

"Just two houses down." I tell him and he drives past two houses and stops the car in front of my house.

"Thank you." I tell him, grabbing my purse and I get down from the car.

"What no action? Not even a kiss or good ol' fashion pants rubbing." He says through the window and I flip him the finger.

"What are you? Nine?" I ask him, glaring at him.

"Nine seconds away from kissing you." He says, smirking at me.

"Go screw yourself." I tell him, walking up the stairs of my front porch.

"I wouldn't have to if you said yes." He says, smirking.

"Go home, Zach." I tell him, before entering my house.

I walk up the marble staircase and I stroll down the hallway to my room. I open my room door and I see Hannah and Adam sitting on my bed staring at me.

"So..." Adam says.

"So, what?" I ask, totally confused.

"We saw Zachary drop you off." Hannah says, folding her arms as she raises her eyebrow and stares at me.

"Does this mean you guys are back together?" Adam asks, giddily.

"No, absolutely not. And he only dropped me off because..." I pause, thinking of what to say.

"Because he loves you." Hannah says, in a sing-song tone.

"Look, I ordered an Uber but he told the Uber driver to leave and that he would take me home." I explain, trying to defend my actions.

"And you let him." Adam points out, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I have nothing to say to the two of you." I tell them, placing my purse on my dresser.

"How was the party?" Hannah asks me.

"Awful. Sweaty teenagers everywhere. The music was good though." I tell them, putting my hair in a messy bun.

"That's why I didn't want to go." Adam says.

"You didn't go because you weren't invited." Hannah points out and I laugh.

"I didn't go because I didn't want to." Adam quips.

"Sure." She says, rolling her eyes at him.

"Okay, that's enough. I have had enough of you two for one night." I tell them.

"I have a paper to complete." Adam says as he stands up from my bed.

"Same." Hannah says, getting up as well.

"I'll see you guys at school." I tell them before they leave my room.