Chapter Fourteen

The marriage was a full blast and the reception was better than that with Neil and Sarina around. My parents tried talking to me, but I kept ignoring them. This might be easy for them, but not for me.

I may be marrying Xavier with my own will now, but that doesn't lessen their fault. They didn't do any of this with any good intention. They did all this for money. Nothing else. And they have mistaken if they really think that they can get away with it. Because I am not giving them anything. If my mother thinks that she will get a promotion if her 'daughter' gets married to her soon to be boss, she can go hide in a hole in the ground, because I'm never letting Xavier do that.

Speaking of Xavier, he's been very busy since our wedding day. He's in his office the whole day. God only knows what he does in there. But when he comes home in the evening, he makes sure I'm not mad at him for leaving me alone in such a big house.

If you wonder where Mr. Rodriguez is, let me tell you that he is not here at the moment. He had to take an urgent flight to Bangkok to settle down some business problems. He was sad to leave me at first, but I assured him that he'll be just fine. Its just the matter of three to four days.

I admit that I miss Mr. Rodriguez a lot. Xavier is with me just at night and he is exhausted usually, so we don't talk that much then. But he does call me six or seven times a day. He says that he's just keeping tabs on me, while John says that he just likes me a lot so he can't live without me.

I smiled when I saw Xavier walking into the room. His blonde hair was messy and his tie was loose... He looked really exhausted. I got up from the bed and walked over to him. He smiled tiredly at me, making me feel a little bad for him.

"Why don't you take a shower and I'll serve you dinner?" I asked. He nodded and threw his bag on the bed before making his way to the bathroom.

Once he disappeared from the room, I took his bag and put it on its place on the desk. I then walked to the kitchen and warmed up his food for him. Once his food was warmed up, I left it in the microwave and went to check up on him.

I climbed the stairs and entered the room, but halted my way when I saw Xavier in front of me. His towel hung dangerously low on his hip, showing his perfect V-line and his perfect abs. His blonde hair was wet from the shower he just took. Little water drops were rolling down his chest to his abs.

I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. His shirtless sight made me drool over him. My breath almost stopped, but my heart was beating as fast as a drum. I watched his gorgeous features as he typed something on his phone while standing in just a towel in the middle of the room.

Suddenly his green orbs met mine and his lips twitched into cocky smirk. My heart was still beating fast and I felt a shiver run down my spine. He dropped his phone on the bed and took a step closer to me. I gulped.

"Y-your dinner is r-ready." I stuttered, making him smirk more.

Classy, Hadley. Classy.

He took another step closer, making me release a low and shaky breath. "Are you trying to seduce me?" I commented out of the blue.

Way to ruin the moment, Hadley.

He chuckled and shook his head. The walked over to the walk in closet to get his clothes, but stopped at the door frame. "And Hadley?"

I turned to him and he smirked. "You have some drool here." he gestured to the corner of his lips and walked into the walk in closet.

The moment he was gone I wiped the corner of my lip, but there was nothing there. No drool, nothing. Bastard.

I narrowed my eyes at the closet before walking back into the kitchen. I took his food out of the microwave and placed it at the dining table. Since it was so late already, most of the lights were turned off and the dining room was a bit dark. I liked it like this.

I liked my new life. It was different from what it previously was. I am happy with Xavier and Mr. Rodriguez. Even though they're not always here, I am still happy. They care for me in such a way nobody ever did. Not only Xavier and Mr. Rodriguez, but also John grew very protective of me. All these three men are now an important part of my life. Scratch that, they are my life.

Xavier and I are married for three days already and it wonders me how I am so fond of them already. They mean a lot to me. Especially Xavier. Its crazy how I don't really know him, but still am happy with him. The way he smirks when he sees something amusing. The way he blushed when I caught him staring. His sweet voice. And not to forget, the perfect body I just saw. I think that I maybe falling for this stranger. I smiled as I poured him some water.

"What are you smiling at? To be honest, it's kinda creepy." he faked a horrified face but smirked when I jumped.

I blushed a little. He smiled and sat down. "Have you eaten?" he asked.

I shook my head. I was waiting for him to arrive. I wanted to eat along with him, but it just seems like my hunger disappeared when I saw him shirtless in that room. I blushed when I thought of how hot he looked.

"And now you're blushing for no reason." he acted like I was some creepy thing. "Are you sure you're human?" he asked and poked my cheek.

I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head. "No, I'm a freaking ghost who married you just to haunt your pretty ass." I said and he smirked cockily.

"You admit that I have a pretty ass." he nodded in approval. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

Suddenly there was a fork with mashed potatoes in front of my face. I frowned at Xavier. "You told me you haven't eaten anything." he said. "We can share."

I shook my head. "No you eat. You haven't eaten anything either. And you're tired. You should eat it. And I'm not hungry anymore anyways."

He shook his head once again and motioned me to eat. "I will not eat unless you eat first." I rolled my eyes and took a bite.

He nodded and then took a bite of his own with the same fork. I frowned at him and he shrugged. "What!?"

"Nothing." I denied. It felt kinda fuzzy how he ate with the same fork as me.

He kept on feeding me. He would scold me like a little kid every time I would try to protest against him feeding me. He would feed me and then take a bite himself. He placed the empty plate and glass in the washbasin and we walked into our room. We were the only two in the house, so you know how awkward it could feel.

We entered the room and I directly ran to the bed. I was so sleepy. Xavier came and pulled the duvet over my body and turned off the bedside lamp. He was about to walk away to the other room he has been sleeping in since we married, but I took hold of his wrist, stopping him midway.

"Please stay." I breathed out.

He mumbled an 'okay' and I felt the bed dip in a while. I felt an arm wrap around my body, but I was too sleepy to protest against, and let my sleep drift over me.

---

Hey guys!!!

This chapter was kinda a Xavier and Hadley sweet moment. I have a lot planned for this story, SO PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE XADLEY ALONE!!!

please?

Anyway, I HAVE ENTERED THE WATTYS 2014!!!!!!!! :D yes, I have nominated Not So Fast, Mr. Billionaire, Rejected by a stupid Alpha and Unmated She-wolf to the Watty's!!!!! :D wish me luck!!!

Next update will be next week, I hope. So see you guys then. And can you guys please check out the contest on @QueenForOneDay her account? Its a contest for all and it not hard! We have only one entry so far and we need at least seven to continue the contest. If we don't get enough entries, we will erase the contest :( so please check out and enter.

Till then

-vote

-comment

-follow