XLIII. May 21st, 1942

Chapter Forty-Three
Soroya

Sitting on my bed at the Avengers compound, I tap on my Kimoyo Bead bracelet, waiting as Khari's face appears from my wrist.

"Is everything alright? I got worried when I never heard back from you on your birthday."

I nod my head slowly, asking him: "Do you know where Okoye is? She needs to hear what I have to say too."

Khari nods. "You're in luck, we were just in a meeting."

I see Khari turn, gesturing with a nod of his head. Seconds later Okoye appears beside him. "What is it?" She asks, sounding slightly concerned.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys this earlier, but a man named Scott Lang came to us talking about the Quantum Realm. It's a micro universe where time works differently. He had been stuck in it for five years, but it only felt like hours to him. We approached Tony Stark about it and we now have a way to time travel. We can go back in time and get the Infinity Stones. We can bring everyone back."

Okoye and Khari stare at me for a long moment, a million different emotions flooding both of their features. I can see tears brimming both of their eyes. Khari is the first one to speak; "Are...are you sure? You...you can bring Alex back?"

I nod to him. "Yes, yes we can."

"When are you going? What's the plan...I mean how does it—" Khari begins to ramble.

"We are leaving first thing in the morning to go get the stones back. We are hoping by today that we can snap our fingers and reverse what Thanos did. I just wanted to let you know that this is happening—"

"We will prepare for any outcome. I will be sure to let M'Baku and the queen mother know that the king and princess might return," Okoye says, putting on a brave face. "Stay safe, Soroya. We...we couldn't lose you too."

I nod, looking between my best friends. "I promise I will. Hopefully all of us will be together soon."

Khari rubs at his eyes, biting his quivering lip. "All we can do is hope. For now that's enough."

With that, their faces fade away and my Kimoyo Beads turn off. I take the beads off my wrist and place it on my bedside table, starring at the picture I have there; Mama, Papa, Alex, and me on my twelfth birthday. My last birthday with all of us together. I touch each of their faces gently, lingering a little longer on Alex's. I keep thinking of the hope and I just put into Khari, hoping myself that it won't be for nothing. I grip onto Bucky's dog tags tightly, letting out a deep sigh, a small bit of happiness seeping into the worry. I know that no matter how this mission goes tomorrow, that I will get to see him, even if it may be the last time.

-

"Alright. We have a plan," Steve says firmly. It's early in the morning and all of us are sitting in the common area. I look at the stones showcased on the screens in front of us, with the plan laid out under the word; Time Heist. "Six stones, three teams, one shot."

Steve walks away from the screens and looks around the room at each of us; his team, his family, his Avengers. All eleven of us walk into the room holding our suits; which are a lot like Scott's regular suit, but has mixes of white and grey amongst the red. It showcases the Avengers insignia on it. I smile at the suit as I slip it on, making sure my golden wing necklace is firmly clasped around my neck. I activate it so my suit is under this one.