XLVII. The Battle Of The Universe

Chapter Forty-Seven
Alex

Everywhere I look is chaos. I glance up and see Tony Stark shooting down the creatures, a woman riding a pegasus stabbing a giant worm, and a fifty foot man taking down one of alien ships. I shift into a tiger as the creatures reach me and begin slicing at them with a fury. Don't mess with someone who just came back from the dead.

Guarding my back is Khari, who is stabbing the creatures that slip past me. A few feet from us is Bucky, who is shooting down the bastards with the same determination and rage.

I jump onto the back of one of the creatures and sink my claws and teeth into it's head, sending it down to the ground. In front of me, Steve Rogers and Thor are fighting back to back, both of them sending lightning bolts through the creatures chests.

I look back over to Khari and pounce on a creature that almost reaches his turned back. I claw at the creatures face, and with a load roar, I speed off to a group of them sneaking up on T'Challa.

T'Challa sends one of his kinetic energy blasts, sending me soaring back, knocking right into a fallen space ship. I shift back into a human and see T'Challa run up to me.

I glare at him. "Come on, man. Really?"

T'Challa grabs hold of my arm, lifting me onto my feet. "Sorry...but thanks for the help."

I look behind him and see a parade of creatures running towards us. I crouch down onto the ground, letting out a sigh. "Don't thank me yet." I tell him, shifting into a rhino and impaling three creatures at once with my horn.

I run back over towards where Khari and Bucky are fighting back to back. I shift from a rhino into a lion, jumping onto another creature's back and sinking my teeth into it's neck. Khari stabs a creature in the chest, then sinks the other end of his spear into another one's stomach. Once he frees his spear, he sends it flying into the eye of a creature about to claw at Bucky's back. Bucky turns towards Khari and nods his head to him in thanks, before running onto what looks like part of a wall and shooting at the creatures from a higher level.

I forget for a second that our communicators are all still linked together from the fight at Wakanda, so when I hear voices coming from my ear, I feel very confused. I shift back into a human, grabbing onto one of the alien guns and shooting the creatures done, trying to listen to what they're saying.

"Cap!" A man's voice says. "Cap! What do you want us to do with this damn thing?"

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" I hear Steve's voice shout.

I pick up a spear from one of the fallen Wakandan warriors and begin stabbing at the creatures. Using my enhanced strength, I push myself off the wall Bucky is standing on and launch towards a giant alien, sinking the spear into its back.

"No!" I hear Bruce Banner's voice reject. "We need to get them back where they came from."

"There's no way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony Stark says.

"There must be some way to get them back," A female voice says, one that makes my heart stop in my chest. "The moment Thanos sees the stones he'll come for them."

It's Soroya. I let out a laugh of pure joy. As I glance over at Bucky, I see that his face is showing the same elatedness.