XLVIII. The Gauntlet

Chapter Forty-Eight
Soroya

As the canons fire down onto the battlefield, I watch in terror as our army gets blown to bits. One blast comes near Alex, who shifts into a mouse just in time and hides under a piece of wreckage.

Some of the sorcerers put up protective shields above us, but blasts still slip through. One flies down towards Bucky, so I grab hold of him and shove him out of the way. When the blasts hits the ground we both get flown back, making me fall on top of him on the ground. I let out a couple of coughs, trying to get the dirt out of my lungs. I touch Bucky's face gently. "Are you okay?" I ask quietly, still trying to breath.

He nods, brushing a strand of my hair back. "You?"

I push myself off of him, extending my hand out to him and helping him back onto his feet. "I'll be fine once this is all over."

More of the beasts come storming towards us, thankfully some of them get blown to hell by the canon blasts. The ones that slip through the cracks get to deal with my teeth and claws as I shift back into a tiger. Bucky smiles at me proudly, before aiming his gun up and shooting at the beasts by my side.

The sorcerers shields are beginning to fail, making more and more blasts rain down on us. I scan the crowd again, finding that the spider boy still has the Gauntlet. This would be a good thing if not for the canon blasts completely surrounding him. I try to run towards him, but a blast sends me flying backwards. I hear Bucky scream my name, but then he too is blown backwards. I have no idea where Alex is, and I try to make myself get up, make myself move, but my limbs protest in pain.

All of the sudden, the canon fire stops. I force my head up to look at them. I see they're aiming at something else, firing to an unknown object in the sky.

"What the hell is this?" I hear Sam ask.

A glowing yellow ball appears from the clouds and crashes right into Thanos's ship; like its a knife cutting through paper. One by one the canons explode and the engines begin to fail. Out of the exploding ship flies Carol, splitting them entire ship practically in half.

"Carol! Damn is it good to see you!" I yell into the coms, watching as the ship falls into the water.

"Danvers," Steve says in the com channel. "We need an assist here."

The gauntlet. We need to get to the gauntlet. I force my limbs to move, force them to allow me to shift. Letting out a pained moan I shift into a bird, flying a little slowly over to where the young boy is. I see Carol fly over also, starring down at the boy amusingly.

I look around and see other heroes, other women, gathering around Carol and the young boy. I shift back into my human form, close enough to hear him comment: "I don't know how you're going to get through all that."

Amongst the women I see Okoye and Shuri. My heart soars at the sight of two of my best friends. Especially Shuri, who looks as strong as ever, who I have missed very much.

All of us gather around Carol, with Wanda replying to the boy; "Don't worry."

"She's got help." Okoye finishes.

Carol looks around at all of us, sharing a smile and nod with me, before focusing on the incoming hoard of aliens all trying to get the gauntlet. Pepper, in an iron man suit, flies down to join the party, as well as Nebula and her sister. All of us exchange a look of pride and strength, before running towards the army of creatures, trying to buy Carol some time to get the stones to the van. Wanda and Pepper send blasts at the creatures, a woman on a flying horse slices through one of the flying worms, and the others begun slicing through the ground troops.