chapter forty-nine

until   proven   wrong,
'   calling   this
a   date

your p.o.v

          Sitting outside in the middle of this cold winter day, I sat on the bench overlooking the now frozen over lake on top of the hill where I had met my friends so many months ago. Kuppuru rolled about in the snow a little ways away. He can never get enough of the snow despite despising large bodies of water.

          You should have seen him back in Okinawa when he showed up there. He got close to the ocean once, pawed at the water, hissed at it and nearly tripped in the sand as he darted into the thick forest just off the oceans bank. You'd think the water was lava with the way he ran.

          With a sigh, I looked up some to the sky. The pure white clouds cover the entirety of the usually bright blue sky. No sunlight peeks through today. It's pretty cold out and in all honesty, I should probably be inside instead of sitting out here in yet another one of Reiji's jacket's I've managed to keep safe from a certain black cat. It's just, I still haven't found my laptop.

          When Kuppuru showed me my laptop was missing earlier this morning, I went into a frenzy searching that practice room as if I didn't already know I wouldn't find anything in there. I thought that maybe, just maybe if I searched long and hard enough, this could all be some dumb prank by Syo or Otoya and my laptop would be found just stuffed under something in good fun. Of course they wouldn't do that knowing how special my laptop is to me, but, I could hope.

          Needless to say when Ryuuya came in, sat me down, and had me calmly tell him what was the problem, he too went off in search of my laptop. Ringo even texted me earlier saying he'd keep an eye out for it and that he'd take me out later this evening to buy a new one until we find my laptop just so I can keep composing. At least my teachers are always on my side.

          I haven't told my friends yet about my laptop being stolen from the practice room last night. I don't want to worry them when they have classes to go to and focus on. The last thing I need to do is distract them from their classwork- especially Tokiya. His grades are slipping because he's getting so much work as Hayato as of and he needs to focus or else he for sure is going to be dropped down to A-Class.

          A small puff of white looking smoke came out from my mouth as I exhaled a soft sigh yet again. I don't know what to do now. I feel so lost without my laptop. Even if I didn't have it right next to me, knowing where it was and knowing I could always compose at a moments notice put me at ease. Now with it missing, it feels like something is devastatingly wrong and I can't fix it. Not even Kuppuru acting cute could help me...

          Fishing my phone out of my pocket, I sent a quick text to AI asking if he was busy and that if it would be alright for me to call him. I don't know why I sent a message like this to him of all people. I mean, he's an idol, he's busy with idol things, and god-forbid today's a free day for him, I don't want to be here bothering the boy. But instead of answering with a text message in return, the teal haired idol called me instead.

          "Is something the matter?" Was the first thing he asked the second I answered the call.

          I couldn't help but laugh at how absolutely transparent I am to him. "What? Can I not call one of my idols to have a nice conversation with them?"

          AI took a moment to think this over before responding. "No, you're either composing or sleeping so calling me because you want to talk is something that would not happen under normal circumstances."