sloth | langris vaude x reader

Author's Note:

I don't know how many people will actually listen to the music I put above, but the song I'm gonna link to this oneshot is "Party Isn't Over" by Tyler, The Creator. It's the instrumental version though. This song makes me feel very laid back, just like (Y/n) in this oneshot.

Oh, and do you like Langris? I know that many people don't like him because of how he treats Finral, but besides that, I like his character. There aren't enough Langris x Reader oneshots in my opinion.

Just a heads up: I'll be changing the point of view a bit from my last oneshot.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(L/n) = Last Name

You have the honor of being Vice Captain of the Golden Dawn. Well...one of them. The other being Langris Vaude. For others, just thinking of that name was enough to shudder. For you, Langris Vaude was a respectable comrade. Your laid-back personality was very fitting for his sadistic one. In fact, some would even consider you to be quite slothful. In combat, you never used your grimoire because you claimed it was "too far", even though it was on your waist. Many people wonder how you landed a spot as Vice-Captain anyway...you never did anything. Langris was one of those people. He knew William had a good reason for choosing you, but he still hasn't found out that reason. Langris had even asked William directly as to why you're a Vice Captain. William simply smiled and said, "You'll see some day,". He was growing impatient. It seemed as though you were just getting lazier every day.

Right now, you're having breakfast with your friends, Mimosa, Klaus, and Yuno. You're eating waffles (Eggos to be exact).

"(Y/n), how'd your mission go yesterday? I never got a chance to ask," Mimosa chimed.

"It was decent. Some Harry Potter-lookin' ass thug was trying to kill us," you stated before chugging your drink down.

"Language," Klaus coughed, glaring in your direction.

"Shit, sorry," you sincerely apologized, adding more whipped cream to your waffles.

"As a Vice Captain, you shouldn't be setting such a poor example," Specks scolded.

"Say, (Y/n), you never told us the story of how you got to be Vice Captain in the first place," Mimosa giggled.

"Well, I had gotten back from a tough mission one day and the Captain had suddenly promoted me. It was pretty dope," you say as you finish your breakfast.

Mimosa, Klaus, and even Yuno, were surprised to hear you speak so casually about your promotion. It's usually supposed to be a big deal. Did you even take your job seriously?

The four of you chatted away for the remainder of time, failing to notice the eavesdropping Vaude not too far away.

~Time skip brought to you by Charmy's sheep cooks~

You walked down the long-ass hallway with a bored expression. You didn't have a mission to go on, so you were kind of at a loss. Klaus, Yuno, and Mimosa were all on a mission, so you didn't really have anyone to talk to. Usually you'd eat some food when you're bored, but the chef banned you from the kitchen after you burned a bowl of cereal you tried to make. Captain William's always pretty busy so you shouldn't go bother him. Hm....

Langris saw you walking in his direction with a thoughtful expression. He stopped in his tracks and called out for you.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the sloth," he teased.

"It is the sloth. What can I help you with, shawty?" you fired back.

He rolled eyes, unamused.

"I heard what you were saying earlier. Lying to your friends like that...tsk, tsk, tsk," Langris smirked.

"Tch, eavesdropping, were we? And I wasn't technically lying...I just didn't tell them the whole story. That's all," you protest.

"Mind filling in the blanks for me?"

It was your turn to roll your eyes.

"The mission had gone on before my promotion...it was a solo mission. I had successfully completed the mission alone. But that's not all there was to it. My dumb ass forgot my grimoire in William's office. He hadn't noticed it until it was too late. So when he found out that my mission was a success, he was surprised. He told me that he had already considered promoting me later on, but being the saucy boy he is, he did it early."

Langris ignored your odd choice of words and let you continue.

"I understand that I may not have the most intimidating presence nor a very good reputation when it comes to how I handle my authority. But I know what I'm doing, and I'm proud to work side by side with you. So I hope you feel the same about working side by side with a sloth," you chuckle a bit.

Langris' eyes widened a bit in shock. He'd never heard you talk with such sincerity. He didn't want to admit it, but your personality always made him feel like there wasn't a care in the world.

"(L/n), you're gonna have to show me how the hell you survived without your grimoire. I look forward to working with you," he gave you a genuine smile, in which you returned.

The two Vice Captains went on to become an inseparable pair. Their differing personas making them a strong team. But perhaps there was more to it than that.

Bonus:

"(Y/n)?"

"Yeah? What's up, Vaude?"

"A lazy bum like you needs be more social."

"Okay...and?"

"We're going out for dinner tonight. Wear something nice."

"Dammit, Vaude."

End.

Author's Note:

There are a shit ton of gnats getting in my house. I'm so close to just burning down the entire house. Those annoying little shits are about to feel my true wrath....Just wait.  >:)

Word Count: 959