Chapter 5

CHAPTER FIVE

Nelly

Past

"Another date? Isn't this, what, your fifth date together?" Elenora spoke through the phone speaker.

"Actually, it'll be our fourth date together," I corrected her, running my fingers through my hair.

"And he still hasn't kissed you?"

"Of course he has," I protested and paused. "On my cheek."

I smiled, remembering the soft and unexpected gesture from him. I could still feel the tingle on my cheek and a rosy blush appeared on my cheeks.

"Gosh, he is such a gentleman."

She couldn't be further from the truth. Elijah wasn't like most men. He had an old fashioned charm to his demeanor. He was sweet with his touch and words, always making my stomach flutter with butterflies. From the few dates we had, he also showed his thoughtful and romantic side, and I was starting to believe there was no flaw in him.

"We are taking things...slow. There is no need to rush things." I said. Because I believe we had an entirety to unfold our relationship.

"You're right," Elenora sighed, "though the paparazzi already stabled you as a couple."

I rolled my eyes. I've read things they have written, sometimes they thought we're cute and other times they thought Elijah was using me for my wealth. Every gossip was ridiculous. The first time the photos and small articles had been published on the internet, I had a call from mom and I was thrown into an interrogation. She wanted to meet him and after two hours I convinced her to wait because the timing wasn't right yet.

Elnora and I talked for a little while longer until it was time for me to go. It was time for my date. I went to my vanity and ran my index finger over the different lipstick colors.

"The soft pink color is my favorite on your lips." Elijah had once whispered in my ear as he had kissed my cheek. It was both a tease and a beautiful gesture. Since then I always found myself wearing the same shade, loving whenever I would catch Elijah's eyes always drifting to my lips.

I took the pink lipstick and brushed it over my full lips. Satisfied, I put it inside my small bag and headed out.

***

I peeked through the door window of his small jewelry boutique. Elijah had his glasses on, his fingers were busy creating a piece of simple jewelry. I couldn't help but smile at the sight before me. When I first met him I would have taken him as a jewelry maker, it had come as a surprise when he did actually tell me and eventually showed me his small shop. It was a small business, enough for him to survive. Annoyingly, women were a big fan of his shop, sometimes I thought they came in just to see him and share some words with him. Did they even see the things he made? I shook my head, rubbing off the tight crawling feeling. Apparently, I was a jealous type of girl.

It was late in the evening so he had a closed sign up. I lifted my knuckles and knocked on the glass window. His eyes shot up and relaxed when he saw it was me. Getting up from his chair, he rounded the front desk that had a transparent display of the jewelry he was selling. Elijah opened the door for me, smiling. He held his hand up and I placed mine above his, giving him the power to draw me to his arms. Which he did. His arms enveloped my waist as my arms went around his neck, his soft blond curls tickled my fingers.

"Hello there," he spoke in my ear, sending a jolt of shivers down my spine. "You're early today. Though, I can't really complain. I missed you."

I giggled into his neck, tightening my grip around him. We haven't seen each other for about a week. School had been busy, along with dad's business. They have kept me occupied from meeting Elijah. But we had shared some texts, but small texts were nowhere near to what we experience at this moment. Body to body, warmth to warmth...it was different.