Chapter 23

"It's like, one of my talents." I said, a grin forming.

Nathaniel shook his head. "No way. I once won an award."

I made a face. "For cherry knotting?"

He let go of a deep, laugh. "You are literally the most gullible person, in the world."

I smacked his arm. "I am good at it though."

"Oh yeah?" He challenged, running a hand through his freshly cut hair that stood inches from his head.

I nodded, and plucked a cherry from the bowl sitting between us.

He shrugged, and followed my action. "I'll guess we find out, than."

I nodded, and began to place it in my mouth, when I yelled, "Wait!"

He jumped, the cherry falling from his fingertips. Nathaniel's eyes were wide. "What?"

I giggled. "We need to make a bet."

He sighed, picking up the fallen cherry. "Fine. Loser, goes streaking in the Central Park. At night." Nathaniel finished, a smirk playing on his gorgeous face.

I gasped. "No!"

"Fine. Loser.." He seemed to be lost in thought.

"Kisses someone else?" I asked. As much as I hated the idea, it had to be something that the person didn't want to do.

Nathaniel's eyes widened. "No way. Loser has to. . . Steal something."

I frowned. "How about this? We both have different things."

"Fine, you steal something. I kiss someone." He shrugged.

"Well, why can't I kiss someone?" I asked.

"Because, you are my girlfriend. And I don't want to see another guy touch you." He finished his statement with a whisper.

I smiled. "Than I get to pick the girl."

"Than I get to pick the place." He said in a neutral tone.

I nodded, and shook his hand. "Deal."

And with that, we both plop our cherries into our mouths. I bite down on the pit-less cherry, and sour flavor bursts onto my tongue. I chew quickly, swallowing the cherry and getting to work on the stem. At first, I chew on it, trying to make it softer. When I thought it was soft enough, I used my tongue to cross the stem; than loop it under. I sneaked a glance at Nathaniel, and his face was pulled into concentration, staring at the floor as he worked on his stem. As soon as it was looped loosely in my mouth, I stuck one end between my clench teeth, and pulled the other end through with my jaw and tongue.

I grinned, a competitive spirit kicking through. The knotting scene was played within seconds, and I placed my fingertips to my mouth; pulling it out.

But at the same time, as if in unison, Nathaniel did the same. He grinned. "I won."

I gasped. "No way! We did it at the same time."

"Than that means we have equal kissing abilities." He smirked.

My face burned.

He sighed. "Alright, alright. I understand if you don't want to admit you lost to me.." He trailed off, and I hit him again. Nathaniel laughed. "I guess we'll both do the dares."

I nodded. That seemed fair enough. "Okay."

~~~~~~~~

I tapped my chin, my eyes scanning the crowd of girls. We were standing in Central Park, which to myself, counted as 'our' place.