Chapter Eleven

When the darkness around you cleared, you realised you were stood by Lenus' tree, except instead of a tree there was a man stood in its place. He wore a long white gown and a beautiful silver crown similar to yours. His silver hair ran down the length of his back and stopped just behind his knees. When he turned around his silver eyes looked at you softly. They seemed so familiar but you couldn't place it.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you here my child."
"Where is here? If you don't mind my asking."
"We're in the forest kingdom, the same one you used to rule."
"It feels different."

The man smiled and walked a little closer, he offered you his arm and with a bit of hesitation you looped yours around his. He was at least a head taller than you. As he begun to walk you could see the tree getting closer.

"In a way it is. You are aware of rumours correct?"
"There are many regarding the kingdom."
"People say the kingdom house the dead and the living." He mused.
"And does it?"

He brought you into the tree and you noticed how everything seemed the same. People walked around but didn't stop to look at you, one, a small child stopped, his outline held a slight glow to it. He waved before he skipped away.

"He's a spirit."
"So are you, so am I."
"There are two versions of this kingdom, aren't there?"

The man nodded and started to lead you down the halls. Everything seemed somber and it was silent. When he led you to the throne he stopped and you felt your heart break. Letting go of him you walked forward and dropped to your knees besides the figure who was sobbing on the throne. You placed a hand on his back but he didn't feel it.

"Oh Havir my child... I'm so sorry..." you whispered.

Havir wiped his eyes and stood up, taking a shaky breath he ran a hand through his hair.

"I made a promise." He muttered.

With that he walked away with determination in his step. You felt a hand on your shoulder and you looked up.

"You did the same thing.."

It took a moment for it to register what he meant. When it did you felt your heart swell with love.

"Father..." you mumbled.

The man nodded his head and knelt down to hug you. You wrapped your arms around him and buried your face into his neck.

"I tried to change your mind, but your heart was so set on saving them."
"You're Lenus?"
"Indeed I am, your mother, she came up with the name. When I passed she bound her physical form to the tree you call the tree of Lenus, and she bound my soul to it. She allowed me to live peacefully here."
"She didn't pass over?"
"No, she is technically still alive. So long as the white tree lives so does she."

You smiled a little and shook your head. Lenus placed a hand on your cheek and rubbed his thumb along your cheekbone.

"You could have declined my offerings."
"I could have yes, but when I looked into you, I saw nothing but a longing to save them. A strong will to bring them back and do the right thing. I saw no fear of death."

Lenus stood up and pulled you up with him. He led you to the main entrance and looking out you saw many people dead and alive. Lenus wrapped his arm around your waist and held you closely.

"I cannot keep you here. Not only does it pain them, it pains you."
"There is no way for me to go back."
"There is one way."

Turning to face him, Lenus took your hands in his and smiled brightly at you.

"My child I can put both your mothers and my life force into you. But I'm doing so it the white tree will be no more. You can make no more sacrifices."
"Won't the remove your spirit from here?"

Lenus nodded his head.

"Yes, both your mother and I will pass on into our next lives. To be reborn."
"I do not wish to loose you." You teared up.

Lenus places his hands on your cheeks.

"You will not loose us my dear, we'll always be with you in heart. I'll bring you back on the day of your funeral, so everyone's there."

You stepped forward and placed your head on his chest as you nodded.

"Okay... okay. What about mother, I will not get to see her..."
"I do not think that's true." He chuckled.

Lenus pulled you away and spun you around. Before you stood a beautiful woman in gold. Her gold dress just barely touching the floor. Her long (H/C) hair was braided down her back and on her head she wore a gold crown. Her (E/C) eyes shone with tears. You gasped and ran at her, throwing your arms around her.

"Mother!" You cried.
"Oh (Y/N) my sweet girl, I have missed you. You have grown so much!"

You laughed and pulled away as you wiped your tears.

"We have two months, I want to know everything." She said with a smile.
"I have much to tell you both."

Lenus walked over and slipped his arm around your mothers shoulder as he kissed her head. The pair of them held out an arm and you joined hem in a group hug.

"Let us hear everything our leaf." You mother whispered.

Taking their hands, you led them inside and towards the throne where Havir had seated himself once more. He sat on one arm while Lahir sat on the other. Sahir sat on the chair and they all stared straight ahead right through you.

"My children..." You smiled.
"They are beautiful." You mothered whispered.
"They would make wonder kings and queen."
"They would. Havir, Lahir and Sahir, the three babies I found on the border. I raised them as my own."

As you begun to tell stories, the three of you walked around, occasionally stopped to talk to another spirit and the more time you spend with your parents, the more you realised how much you had missed them