Chapter 15.

"As time passes day by day, nothing changes. But when we look back, everything is different" 

When I first came to Europe, never did I realize how much of an impact on my life it would entail. I never knew people could be so cruel yet have every lavish the world can offer. Never did I open my eyes wide enough to realize how society had the capability to be so viscous yet easily invisible to those who live in it. I had learned quite a bit since I had arrived here, more than I even realized, but that does not mean I am a different person.

In some ways I am still a kid. Seventeen years old and not even a graduate of high school. As much as I hate to admit it, Harry is right, I am timid, scared, and most of all oblivious. I blocked out every clue that could possibly even make me believe any of that but it was true, every word completely accurate.

My worst fears had all came true the moment I had left my house two weeks ago. Every moment here being a larger burden than the last. I hope every day for a miracle, someone to find me and take me home, tell me everything will be fine and that it is all over, but not even a single trace of aid was found, until now.

I knew the moment my brother's name fell from Niall's lip, there was hope. That was probably the reason for my scream, to let him know I was there, I am alive but in need of help. If I hadn't at least screamed or did something I would have been taken out of the room and no hope would be left for me at all. In my case I was right to do what I did, maybe not in Harry's but in mine I most certainly was.

My first thought was it was over, I would be able to go home and be done with this whole thing and maybe finally everything could go back to normal, but I knew better than that. Even if I did end up going home I would never be able to live my life normally ever again. Two weeks here had left such an impact in my life, I could easily be haunted with this for the rest of my life. That is, if I ever get home.

Harry has his whole house on complete lock-down, other than the times Sophia has sneaked in, but other than that he has and probably will keep it extra secure considering the past events. Now, being locked in this small room I know I have to chance of getting a hold of my brother and if that didn't put my hopes down I don't know what will.

I wiped the stray tears that were falling down my face. My breathing had finally got back onto a steady pattern and my hiccups were beginning to die down. The one thing I am happy I did not inherit from my mother was her asthma, if I had I could only imagine the predicament I would be in.

From the other side of the room I heard a creak from the door. My head shot up to see if it was Harry ready to yell at me again and heart pounding in my already shaking chest, but I was happily surprised to see Sophia standing there. She had a sad look on her face and few tears rolling down her cheeks she looked at me with a blank expression before quietly shutting the door.

We stayed in silence for a quick beat before I shot up out of my chair and into her arms. I let the welled up tears freely roll down my cheeks as I kept my arms around her tightly. She clutched onto my shorter frame as we both sniffled into each other. We both cried together.

Eventually we untangled our arms from each other and sat down on the plush couch. I wiped the tears that were recently rolling down my face, I have never been this worked up and upset in my life. She brushed the few strands of hair that had landed in my face and twirled it around her finger.