31

(TONY STARK POV)

Shawarma.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE LEFT THE HOUSE?!"

I was losing my mind. And I'm too busy to have time for that. I was pacing around the hotel room, screaming my head off at Friday. Jesus, these AIs' need to FIX THEMSELVES.

"My apologies Mr. Stark, I assumed you wouldn't care."

"WHY WOULDN'T I CARE ABOUT MY ONLY DAUGHTER?"

"Would you like me to show you security footage of you telling Miss Stark you didn't care what she did? I made my analysis based off of data spoken by you."

"I WAS OVERREACTING GOD DAMMIT!"

I grabbed my bomber jacket from the kitchen table and threw my sunglasses over my eyes. The thought of Y/N running around Germany all alone scared me. I wasn't going to lose her. Not like I lost her mother.

"Did she tell you where she was headed?" I said, anger still underlying my voice.

"Not directly. But she did ask for information on Mr. Parker's location."

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned, "Where is he now?"

"The last message he sent was 5 minutes ago from the DuPont cafe. Would you like me to display the message?"

"Fine. go ahead."

A blue light flicked on in my watch, and a holographic display of Peter's phone popped up on the projected screen. A list of text messages between him and his aunt were shown in front of me.

Peter

MAY GUESS WHAT

May

Pete?

Is everything okay?

Peter

I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND

AND SHE'S SO PRETTY

May is typing....

I didn't even attempt to see what Peter's aunt had to say to the response, because for the millionth time today, I was about to lose my head.

"FRIDAY!" I yelled, "WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FU-"

"Language."

"YOU'RE NOT FREAKING STEVE ROGERS, DON'T TELL ME TO MIND MY LANGUAGE."

"Yes sir. My apologies."

I stormed out of the hotel room, a mix of anger and anger. And more anger. DAUGHTERS ARE SO DIFFICULT! I pulled out my phone to tell Happy to grab the car, but paused when I remembered what I had done.

"Friday?" I mumbled, "please tell Happy Hogan that I need him back."

The AI's voice rang out from my watch. "He knows, sir."

"What do you mean 'he knows'?"

"This is the seventh time you've fired him and hired him again. He is waiting downstairs with the car."

"Oh."

I shook my head and clambered into the elevator, my head hanging low. I imagined myself dying heroically, not dying of embarrassment. But when you have a hormonal teenager living with you, you find yourself constantly ensuring that she doesn't have to go through anything you've been through.

Such as getting her heart broken.

And I wasn't going to let Spider-boy do that to my daughter. Not even if he was the queen of England.

******

"Tony," Happy said, as I climbed into the backseat of my limo.

"Happy," I mumbled, "sorry for firing you."

"Apology not accepted."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," he said, "I'm not going to forgive you for what you did."

"Firing you?"

"No. For yelling at your daughter, and keeping her away from Peter."

I furrowed my brow, and slid my sunglasses down to the crook of my nose. Whatever Happy was trying to get across, wasn't working. I had no clue why any of this was important to him.

"Explain," I said, "I'm confused."

"I've seen the way the two are together. If they ever break up, it will probably be because of you."

"What?"

"I'm not driving you to the DuPont cafe, if you want what's best for Y/N."

I leaned my head against the back of my chair. Everything had to be SO complicated.

"Fine," I muttered, "let's get shawarma."

******

This world didn't deserve him

*******