Chapter 27

When the morning came, Seokjin made to misbehave as much as possible. He talked back, snarled and even challenged the Alpha, who threatened to sew his mouth shut but Seokjin had to force himself not to be scared because he knew Namjoon was coming and this man was going to pay.

The only reason for his fright was that he didn't want to go through what happened yesterday again and it seemed like it was becoming a more appealing idea to the Alpha since he'd shut up the whole of yesterday, not even a squeak escaping him.

But he didn't back down, he refused to. He didn't tell the other Omegas about what the two Betas had told him, because they'd been brainwashed to do everything the Alpha told them and would probably go and tell him the moment he walks out the door.

Right now, the Alpha had him held by the hair, growling in his face like a rabid animal. Seokjin growled back, challenging the entire being of the Alpha.

"Listen here, Omega—" But Seokjin cut him off by spitting in his face instead.

"Fuck you! I'll never listen to you!" The Alpha raised his hand, getting ready to strike him and Seokjin squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the pain to come but then a bang resonated around them, shaking the ground so hard that they both fell.

"What the fuck? What's happening?" The Alpha slammed the door open, seeing the men and women running around screaming orders.

"Sir! They're breached the wall!" A Beta man told him and the Alpha growled.

"How!"

"Bombs, Sir! We don't know how they planted them!" Seokjin's heart filled with hope. This was Namjoon, it could be no one else. When the Betas had said that all fortresses had a weak point, they meant that they'd found it and implanted bombs.

His grin was so wide that the Alpha noticed and grabbed him by the arm.

"What the hell did you do?" Another bomb went off, knocking them off their feet and Seokjin started laughing like a maniac. He remembered the three Omegas and their children, he got up, grabbing the blanket and bolting out the door. The Alpha would've run after him but he needed to make sure the fortress didn't collapse on top of his head, ordering one of his Betas to run after the Omega.

Seokjin knew where the Omegas were, they were always at the same place if they weren't dining with the Alpha or performing chores to pass the time. He slammed open the door to the living room,

Sohui and Eun's children were wailing, their voices reaching the hallway. Dan was hunched over, holding his bulging stomach with one hand and trying to steady himself with the other.

"Listen to me, we have to get out of here before Namjoon comes. I'm not sure how many people he's brought but they might see you as a threat if you're alone, even with the children. Come with me and I'll rid you of this Alpha." The three Omegas looked at each other then at the children before nodding, following after him.

They knew were the exits were, they'd be idiots if they didn't, having lived here for so many years.

"There it is!" Eun pointed at the large doors, that were being blocked by a bunch of Betas, trying to defend the fortress. But they were no match for Namjoon's men.

Seokjin stood on his tip toes, trying to see if he recognized anyone of them so he could call out for them. He noticed Hoseok standing behind some men and his face brightened.

"Hoseok!" The Beta noticed him, his mouth moving, probably ordering someone to go get him or cover for him. But before he even takes action, Seokjin grabs two of the children and tells the Omegas to follow him.

They run as fast as they can, the only thing they could do was hope that the Alpha's men knew not to hurt his Omegas so that they could pass safely over to Hoseok and Namjoon.

He'd yet to see the other, but he knew he was close. He could almost feel it.

Seokjin pushed aside a Beta woman, making way for him and the others to pass. Dan was having a hard time breathing, his face contorting into one of pain as he clutched his stomach. It wasn't anything serious or the Omega would be screaming, his instincts telling him to protect his babies.

"Hoseok! Get them out!" He pushed the children forward into the hands of some of the Alpha men, hoping Hoseok hears him and orders them to take the Omegas to a safe location. He went back to help Dan but before he could even reach the Omega, he was grabbed by the hair and he cried out.

The familiar scent of the Alpha invaded his nostrils and he thrashed, trying his best to escape his grip and go help the pregnant Omega.

"Let me go!"

"Stop!" The Alpha's command echoed through the field, his men stopping fire as well Hoseok's, after the Beta gave command. Now without all the commotion, and despite being held by this Alpha, his eyes scanned through the crowd for his Alpha and his heart skipped a beat when he saw him standing over a Beta, gun aimed at his head.

Namjoon snarled when he heard Carlino's command. He fired the gun, throwing the dead body of the Beta away before marching over to stand next to his men. He noticed that Hoseok had disappeared but didn't think too much about it when his eyes laid on Seokjin.

He saw red.

The bruises that littered the Omega's flawless skin were purple, blue and black, that alone telling him that they were recent and furthermore, he was wearing no clothes, the blanket he'd grabbed had fallen to the ground and exposed him to everyone there.

The growl that left the Alpha was terrifying and many cowered back when his scent spiked in anger.

Carlino was panting, still holding Seokjin by the hair. He pulled out a knife, pushing it against Seokjin's neck, threatening to slit his throat.

"All of this for one Omega, huh Kim?" An almost animalistic sound came from Namjoon, resisting the urge to shoot the man between the eyes while he's still holding Seokjin.

"He's my Omega. And you had no right to take him from me. I have permission from the Council to shoot you on sight." Carlino looked pale and sickly once he heard that, but he refused to back down. If he could run, he would be out and back to Italy where the Korean Council had no power.

"As long as I hold the Omega, you can't do anything to me." Namjoon bared his teeth at that, knowing what he said was true.

Seokjin groaned, not daring to even swallow from fear of the knife. He heard Dan cry out behind him and he started sweating, he needed to get out of this man's hold.

At that moment, another cry rang out, this time it was Carlino's. Hoseok's knife was jabbed into his abdomen, causing the Alpha to loosen his hold on the Omega who sprang out of his hold, helping Dan up and wobbling as fast they could towards Namjoon.

Eun and Sohui immediately took the male Omega from him while he sprinted towards Namjoon, the Alpha's hands quickly folding themselves around the Omega.

Seokjin felt his world moving into place, the puzzle pieces finding their positions. He choked out a sob, hugging Namjoon tighter until he was close to choking him.

They pulled back after an eternity, turning to see that Carlino's men had dropped their guns, surrounded by their men with Carlino being held on his knees by Hoseok.

Namjoon gripped Seokjin's waist as soft as he could, pulling him over to the Alpha that had tortured him for the past week. Namjoon raised his gun, pressing it against the Alpha's head, but before he could pull the trigger, Seokjin stopped him, taking the gun from his hand.

"Seokjin-ah, what are you doing?"

The Omega stared at Namjoon for a moment before turning to Carlino, raised the gun again and pulled the trigger.