3: Shadow of A Man

Omniscient

She sat on her brown leather couch in the living room eating potato chips as she watched "Orange is the new black" one of her favorite shows on Netflix. It was her day off and she planned on spending it home all day. Just her purple silk robe and her hair in a messy bun. Just enjoying one of life moments.

A loud glass shatter was heard like someone had broken the window. Her house was spacious since she had gotten it with her hard earned money. Her breathing paused as her heart started beating faster. She got up the couch feeling frozen afraid to make the wrong movement or she'll be found. Slowly tip toeing on her tile stairs she made her way to the basement were she had her baseball bat from when she was 13. She grabbed it and locked the door before hiding behind an old mattress. 

She heard another glass shatter then another and her body shivered in fear. Her heart pounded against her chest to the point were she could barely breath. She felt like she was about to die and she wasn't wrong. 

She then heard the door break open and knew someone was there. She tried to slow down her heavy breathing as her shaky hands grasp on to the bat . 

Foot steps came closer towards the mattress and walked through it coming in contact with her. She gasped realizing it wasn't a living thing it was a shadow in a form an odd form but the shadow took shape of a man. A man who caused her so much pain in her past.

She gathered all her courage and swung the bat but it only went through the shadow and she watched as the bat dissolved into sand and the remains became mere dust on her fingers. She tried to scream but her throat was clogged.

"Nothing can save you from me, no one can save you from me you will always feel hopeless. You are worthless. You are nothing but a mere piece of rag one that could be trashed away any day. You are useless you don't mean nothing to the universe. No one will love or cherish you they'll only leave you empty like I did". The shadow of the a man said chuckling bitterly and walking through her body grabbing her soul out of her heart.

Her body shook uncontrollably as every one of her organs and cells dissolved into sand her blood dried up as her eyeballs popped out of her head. Her pink plump lips were now dust as every one part off her body dissolved into sand and dust.

The shadow of a man stomped on her eyeballs and  tucked her soul in his pocket. 

"Your soul is forever mine". He said to her soul.

Melanie

July 28 4:30 2019

I gasped for air as I couldn't breath sitting up on my bed trying to catch my breath that had tried to escape. Tears rolled down my cheeks as my heart pounded against my chest. I wanted it to stop I tried to calm it down but I was having a full on panic attack. I tried to think of something funny to calm me but it was no use. 

I felt hopeless.

I focused on controlling my breath and it finally slowed down. I gulped some water to sooth my dry mouth. My body felt weak. I looked outside seeing it was still dark. I sighed checking my phone seeing the time. What was the point of waking up every day if my own dad couldn't call me to check how I was doing.

I felt worthless.

I pulled the bed sheets to cover my lower half as I cried some more. I felt horrible for crying it was weakness snd I am not weak. But why did I feel that way? I felt like I had no purpose or use.

I felt useless.

I closed my eyes as a feeling of distress took over me. I brought my knees up to my chest as I cried some more. Why did he still have that much control over me. Over my mind and how I felt. It's been 5 years so why did he still appear in my horror dreams.

I needed to see a therapist other wise Deja and my Dad could loose me to death. Quincy would still be faulty of my death.

Hopping off my bed I went down stairs to my kitchen. I fixed myself yogurt and granola with some strawberries and sat on my stairs as I ate.

It was a habit I still possessed after 5 years. One that could simply not be lost.

I was never fed when I was with him. And not allowed to eat. So one day Quincy was asleep and had told me not to enter the kitchen or I would never feel food ever again....that was 4 days  ago. I was starving now so I tip toed to the kitchen and got me some yogurt and granola. The yogurt was expired and Quincy had told me to throw the granola away so I ate them. I found some strawberries that were going bad so I could use that as an excuse too. I sat on the stairs and ate them I did that every day.

I got up then disposed my cup in the sink. And relaxed on the couch. I turned the tv on and later fell asleep.

2:37pm

It was later in the day and I was at work. I felt empty and sad. I could barely focus. My work phone then rang but I really didn't want to pick it up but did anyways.

"Hello this is Melanie Freda how may I help you". I faked enthusiasm.

"Mela I been tryna call you but lost my phone earlier and have to use the house phone". My dad said making my mood change.

"Dad i'm so happy you called I was worried". I smiled genuinely.

"Sorry Mela, but the battery is almost dead how bout you come meet me after work"? He asked as I nodded as if he could see me.

"Yes dad I would love to but can you get me those brownies I love"? I asked.

"Yes sweetheart aight I'll see you and I love you". He said.

"I love you too".

Vote, Comment and share