Chapter 14

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU CAN'T JUST-"

"SHUT UP DRAMA QUEEN!"

The yells could be heard across the entire arcade. The two people that were currently fighting in one of the games with guns were desperately trying to push each other to get an advantage. Two of their friends stood behind them, shaking their heads for the umpteenth time that day.

"I SWEAR TO GOD HAEUN IF YOU DON'T FUCKING STOP- "The rant got cut off with an angry yell as the girl stepped on his toes. The boy fought back the urge to drop the gun and demolish her.

"I'M 15 POINTS AHEAD OF YOU, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER DONGHYUCK!" Haeun yelled back, the mockery clear in her voice.

As they continued their little tantrums, a third person came up to the two bystanders.

"They're still at it?" Jisung sighed as he watched Haeun and Donghyuck acting like idiots.

"You couldn't hear them?" Chenle asked in disbelief.

"They still have 3 minutes to go. If we're lucky, no one will ask for a rematch this time." Renjun added, his eyes clearly pointing in Donghyuck's direction.

"Everyone else is waiting by the laser tag place. We literally have 5 minutes until our turn."

"DIE!" Haeun yelled out yet again as she KO'd Donghyuck. She began dancing happily, and the 3 conversating boys hid their faces in embarrassment.

"Okay guys, we need to go play laser tag now." Renjun proclaimed, pushing Donghyuck who didn't seem at all happy.

"You're lucky I went easy on you." He growled out, beginning to fall into step with everyone else.

"Yeah sure." Haeun stuck out her tongue.

Following the incident, Haeun and Jisung's friend group had become much closer. They spent much of their weekends hanging out at random places. He was amazed at how easily she fit in, and with her around, time seemed to be flying past.

"We could hear you from here." Jeno announced as the group came into his view.

"My pleasure." Haeun blew him a kiss as she went into the open door of the arena.

Jisung chewed on his bottom lip at her sudden gesture. He was fully aware that that's how she got along with all her friends. She quickly adapted to using casual language with the elder members of their group. And whenever she called any of them 'oppa' or anything of the kind, Jisung always wanted to slap away the smiles on his friends' faces.

As they entered the room where several vests hung on the walls, their eyes adjusted to the darkness. Haeun's smile dropped.

The team they were up against were... Jongho and some others. People she used to know. The people she'd had her first beer with at Jongho's place, the plastic girls who she used to call her friends, and some other kids that always had a bad reputation.