37.

"No..."

My opponent. Four.

Tobias.

His face mirrored my disbelief. "No."
I involuntarily said again.

His eyes shifted from mine, I turned around to see who he was looking at. Eric.

Who was leaning on the cage's railings; grinning like he won the lottery.

He held Four's stare for a good five seconds before shifting his gaze to me.

I frowned, flaring my nostrils at him, while he leaned his head to the side with a fake pout plastered on his face.

I swear to god I'll plaster his face on the pavement one day.

I looked back at Four who was still staring at Eric.

"And the fight begins!" A bell rang twice as the judge shouted in the mic.

Four finally looked at me, clenching then unclenching his hand.

I nodded at him.

I nodded my head knowing that he has no choice in breaking our pact that we made 5 years ago.

"It hurts," I winced as Tobias cleaned the gash on my back from yesterday.

"Better than infected, believe me you won't like it," he sighted, pressing the grey washcloth drenched in alcohol more lightly this time.

How ironic that we clean our wounds with the same thing that cause them.

I could still hear his sound; yelling, as he threw a bottle at alcohol at me for no reason.

He would make a great archer;he never missed a target, me in other words, even if he was drunk and has one eye open.

"Promise me something," I glanced at him, "we will never turn like them. No matter how much rage we carry, we will never become barbarians like them," he mumbled helping me zip the grey rag we call cloth.

"Promise we will never hurt each other, not like that," he glanced at me, "not like them."

Yes Four helped me train, but it was never like this. The fight will go on till one of us is unconscious.

Only one will walk out of this cage.

And it's all that prick fault with his stupid new rules.

"You're not gonna stare each other unconscious, now are ya?" Eric yelled with his devil smirk earning a howl from the crowd.

Prick stupid son of a prick.

I took a step towards Four as he did the same, "I can't do this," he gasped lowly enough for only me to hear.

"It's okay..it's okay,Tobias" I whispered, wishing it was Eric in that cage, wishing it was anyone other than the only person who never hurt me.

We circled each other for a good 20 seconds, "Tobias," I mumbled, "we have to do this people are getting suspicious, just imagine I'm a smartass erudite transfer," I tried lightning the mood cause I know it broke him to even think about what is going to happen in the next minute.