Chapter 23: Retaliation

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

I rise from my position on the floor slowly making my best attempts not to fall over and injure myself further.

I grip onto the railing of the stairs once I can reach it and on my way to the kitchen, I hold onto anything that I think will keep me standing.

I grip the paper towels on the hook they sit on and only just now realize how bloodied my hands are. I turn and look at the trail of blood I left behind on the railing of the stairs, the wall, and even the couch.

How much am I bleeding? Can you run out?

I catch my reflection in our mirror-like, shiny microwave and I gasp.

The left side of my face is covered in blood, my teeth are red-stained with the blood that drips down my chin, and it breaks my heart all over again.

How could a father do this to their child?

I grab the paper towels and try to wipe the excess blood from my cheek. I can't even get half an inch away from the cut from his ring on my cheekbone; it hurts too bad.

I wipe my chin but the blood from both places still doesn't stop and my tears don't either. Blood soaks the paper towel and I go to grab another.

Every slight movement of my cheek makes me want to stub my toe on something just to have pain somewhere else to take my mind off it.

My movements stop when I hear him coming back down the stairs. Moving as quickly as I can, I grab my car keys off the hook and rush out the door.

Where am I gonna go?

Taco Bell. Shut up, I can't go there. Can I? No.

The hospital is an absolute no-go. Who's got the money for that? Not me. I would if I was a stripper though.

I did come to the conclusion that I need to tell someone. Grey.

I never wanted to break my family up worse than it already is.

But I wasn't wanting to do it so soon. I wanted to not look like I do right now but I guess I don't really have a choice.

I can't necessarily cover this us with makeup.

And I think I need some Jesus and medical assistance because my cheek is still gushing.

I turn on my car and wipe the tears from my eyes to see the road as best as I can.

I probably shouldn't be driving at all in my predicament and considering the wet roads.