23.

Heavenly Place.

WEI Tao was send to a place that was a little bit far from here to look out for the coal and rice prices that have suspiciously gone a bit expensive which made the manor have lesser guards.

Family guards are limited to the nobles, even princes, this is to avoid owning a private army and have an opportunity to threaten the dragon throne. Yan Gen have been anticipating for this day to come. He's now well prepared.

He pretended to sleep when its about time for bed after eating dinner. In the middle of the night, Yan Gen assumed that all of the servants in his courtyard have fallen asleep. He slowly got up and dressed himself up in male clothes that he hided under his bed, making his actions careful as possible in order not to make a noise loud enough for his light sleepers of a maids to wake. It was very dark in the room and he couldn't possibly light a candle, thus he completely relied on feeling the things around him while preparing to a night escapade, not even knowing if he put on his clothes properly.

Once he's finally out of the Wei estate, it feels like a huge boulders have been removed out of his shoulders. Yan Gen breathed in the fresh air outside and almost shouted "freedom!" it wasn't too late for him to realize that it's already in the middle of the night, hence his shout turned a pitch lower. It took him an hour to escape out of that golden cage, he wouldn't risked being caught for the first time.

Those guards sure are vigilant, even after knowing where they're patrolling, what time they'll shift guards and what advantageous spots he should follow and take in subsequently observing them, it took him so much time to get away. He brushed away the leaves sticking to his clothes, arranged his disarrayed clothing, shook his sleeves and walked with his hands clasp on his back like a gentleman, making his way in a dark side alley instead of the lit main road, ruining this dignified image of him. Only a person with bad intention will use this path.

When he realized this, he received goose bumps all over his body and he clasped his clammy hands. At the dark alley in the middle of the night. What could possibly appear here? With a face like his, although dressed as a man, he haven't disguised his face in a hurry, that cursed beard got lost somewhere and couldn't be found. He swallowed then sprinted through the narrow dark alley as if mad dogs were chasing after him. Men and women, whoever sees him will be starstruck. He is clearly aware of Wei Zhilan's charm. Who wouldn't take advantage of such a beauty at this time around? This coward doesn't have a choice but to run.

Upon reaching the semi-lit road of the market did he stopped running and tried to catch his breath, putting his hand on the wall for support while the other brushed the beads of sweat on his forehead. Heavens are still watching over him for he didn't encounter a mishap. He looked up at the starless sky, delivering his sincere thanks in a small voice before proceeding to his original plan, following the familiar road that he had taken when he got lost. There are still a few business stores opened at night such as the ones who sold alcohols, inns, and of course, the star of the night which is the brothel.

It seems that heaven is now compensating with him for he has arrived in front of the most famous brothel of the capital that was frequently visited by nobles and officials without hitch. Gods must have taken a pity on him who died at such a young age without knowing the taste of a woman. Yan Gen's heart raced like a fast hoofbeats of a horse. He heavily breathed in the air as he stood in front of the big brothel house that's brightly lit even from outside. Two big red lanterns hang outside of their widely opened doors that have a written characters on it that can be read as Xiang and the other Hua. The most famous brothel in the capital, Xiang Hua (Fragrant flower). The name itself is oozing in seductiveness and debauchery. A heavenly place for Yan Gen.

Not that all of the ladies here are prostitutes who sold their bodies to the customers in exchange for money and jewelries. Some of them sold their talents, not their bodies, they can composed a poetry for you, play an instrument for you or play Go with you, and perform a dance for you. Those are called the high class prostitutes.

Well, whatever high class prostitutes they are, Yan Gen is not looking for them. He's a beautiful and talented woman himself, definitely not what he's gone for here today. What he needs is a woman who can give him pleasure and explore the forbidden lands *cough up in blood*. Yan Gen tried to composed himself, straighten his back, flung his sleeves, clasped his trembling hands behind his back and bravely entered Xiang Hua with his chin held up high, exuding an air of a noble gentleman.

As soon as he entered, he became the center of attention and why wouldn't he be? In this ancient times, society preferred an androgynous beauty. One with beautiful, delicate features and scholarly air. This kind of preferences, Yan Gen is the epitome of it, except that he's a woman but his soul is a manly man. My, this is becoming more and more complicated for him.

Despite hiding his nervousness and putting up a solemn facade, everyone can tell that this gongzi has never been into a brothel before based on the crimson color on his face that traveled to his neck and the tips of his ears. Yan Gen confidently walked further inside, though he doesn't know where he's heading to. Is there a counter here perhaps? so he can right away order his type of woman and pay. He brought a lot of money with him after exchanging his precious jewelries in the market. The last thing he wants to happen is to have a shortage of money when the deliciously cooked meat is right in front of him.

A woman with voluptuous figure promptly walked up to him, a pleasant smile was plastered on her attractive face as he stared at Yan Gen, appraising him from head to toe and with a very congenial soft tone, she asked "Is it Gongzi's first time here?"

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer