xix. | beth greene has fallen ill

"SOMEONE HELP!" MAGGIE FRANTICALLY SHOUTED FROM ANOTHER ROOM

"SOMEONE HELP!" MAGGIE FRANTICALLY SHOUTED FROM ANOTHER ROOM. Ella, Lori and Glenn ran into Beth's room. Ella's heart was pounding, she widened her eyes to find Beth laying frozen on her bed with her eyes opened, not making any noise or movement. Maggie was soothing her face, whispering soft words.

"What's wrong?" Ella questioned as Lori and Glenn followed in after her.

"She might be in shock." Maggie worriedly informed the trio, giving Beth a frown.

"Where's Hershel?" Lori asked.

Ella tied her hair up into a bun, steadying her breathing. She frowned. Ever since Andrea shot Beth's mother, Beth had been severly depressed from what it looked like, which worried the entire Greene family, even Ella and the others were worried for Beth.

"I couldn't find him anywhere." Maggie shrugged her shoulders.

Glenn grabbed Ella's hand, giving it a tight squeeze. Ella looked over at him and weakly smiled.

Lori glanced around the room, confused. "I'll go tell Rick we can't find Hershel."

____________________________

ELLA STOOD in Hershel Greene's bedroom with almost everyone else, crowding around in the small area, except for two — Patricia stayed with Beth in her bedroom.

Rick walked over to a box full of someone's belongings, Hershel had been going through them after the barn incident.

"He was so sure she would recover, that they could pick up right where they left off." Maggie explained.

Shane picked up a silver canteen. "Looks like he found an old friend." he waved it around.

Maggi furrowed her eyebrows. "That was our grandfather's, he gave it to dad before he died." she snatched the bottle from him.

"I didn't take Hershel up for a drinker." Rick spoke up.

Ella raised her eyebrows and looked at Maggie.

Maggie sighed, turning the flask over in her hands. "No, he isn't. He gave up drinking right before Beth was born. He refused to have liquor in the house when they came home with her."

Rick glanced at Maggie as silence fell around the room and as Maggie shifted uncomfortably on her other leg.

Ella frowned at the woman, rubbing the back of her neck. She looked at the family photo Hershel had. She wished she had a family photo of her and her parents.