Decisions (1)

Aki blinked multiple times. With every blink, there was a hope that the person was only a figment of his imagination.

But Liam remained standing in front of him, watching him, and waiting for Aki's reaction to subside.

Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine that the person, the owner he had been texting with was this guy!

"You're Aki Lorenzo, right?" Liam peered at him, his easy smile playing on his lips.

"Y-y-you... you are the one looking for a roommate?"

Liam smiled and opened the door widely. "Yes, but come inside first so you'll see the place."

Liam led the way inside the house. Aki trotted behind him. He tried to wrap his head on this revelation. Liam Figueroa. Of all people, it had to be him. Liam was a popular guy at the university. He was not sure what was the other's major but he often saw him in their department.

But every time he saw the other man, there was always a handful of people flocking around him. With his handsome face and amiable personality, the entire campus could not get enough of him. Liam was the number one most wanted boyfriend and also the number one source of envy by a lot of guys.

Yet whenever Aki saw that smile, he could not help but feel queasy. He knew that did not make sense. Still, alarms blared inside his head when he faced Liam.

Maybe good-looking people had that kind of effect. They unconsciously made you feel your own inadequacies. That must be the reason why Aki itched to get away from Liam every time he saw him. And he never wanted to have anything to do with him. If he only just asked...

That reminded him... Jun should have known it was Liam. Aki recalled their conversation and realized that his friend looked uncomfortable. Jun tried to warn him a lot of times. He knew that Aki would not want anything to do with Liam. Aki mentally shook his fist.

"Aki?"

Aki continued walking and bumped at Liam as the other turned around. He was saying something but Aki was too busy in his own head that he did not hear what was said. Aki looked up and started to apologize when his breath caught in his throat.

There in front of him was Liam's handsome face, so close, he could probably count his long eyelashes if he wanted to. His brown almond-shaped eyes stared back at Aki. Perhaps because he was at home, Liam's hair was down compared to the usual brushed up bangs he had at school, giving him a laid-back feel. With his white long-sleeved shirt and grey cotton pants, he looked relaxed, none of the princeling vibe which Aki found charming.

Aki turned away his gaze. This attractiveness was too much for his mortal eyes.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked.

"Yes," Aki tried to shift his attention to something else.

It was not hard when in front of him was the largest living room he had ever seen. Aki roamed his eyes around, still not quite believing what he was seeing. It was a wide space that was the same size as his current apartment. It had the usual sort of a couch and a center table, a large television screen hanging on the wall. Beside it was a kitchen with a center island.