Kiss and Make up (2)

He scratched his head and stood up. "This won't do."

He cracked open his books and started studying, in the hopes of distracting himself. By the time he took a break, it was already past ten in the evening. His stomach grumbled as if on cue.

He rubbed his stomach but instead of getting something to eat, he rested his head on top of his books. He could not muster the energy needed to get his food. It had been a long day and it was not finished yet.

'And Liam's not here yet.'

He wondered what kind of life Liam had outside the class and the apartment walls. Aki imagined him sitting in the middle of a luxurious club surrounded by all the beauties.

Or maybe, spending his free time with his lover.

He remembered that time when Liam announced that he was in love with someone else. Aki was just passing by that time and was surprised when he heard that. What surprised him, even more, was to know that he remembered.

'I'm remembering some useless things about him.'

He turned his head and his eyes caught sight of the flyer peeking in the middle of his books. He reached out and flipped through the pages. When he passed by the station earlier, he grabbed some flyers looking for part-timers. With his tuition and rent, he needed to find some work.

As he was staring at the flyers, he started dozing again.

'Shoot, I'm sleepy again.'

Aki tried fighting off his drowsiness but decided to reward himself with sleep.

He dreamed of eating delicious foods -- his favorite ramen and an assortment of desserts. With a jolt, he realized that the fragrant smell came from the kitchen. His stomach reacted before he was even fully awake.

He rubbed his tired eyes and stared dumbly at the source of the smell. A person worked effortlessly in the middle, preparing foods. Aki's mouth watered in anticipation.

'Even his back looks cool,' he thought idly as the shoulder blades flexed with every movement against the fabric of his shirt.

Liam looked back and caught him staring. He smiled at Aki.

"Oh good, you're awake. It's pretty late, but we can still have dinner."

Aki glanced at the clock. 12 midnight. He could not help but feel irritated at himself. He wasted some more precious hours.

"You haven't had dinner yet?" the images of a club flitted in his mind.

"Nope, just a light snack. It was a busy day at work so no time to eat."

Aki was about to ask him what kind of work he was doing but Liam had already come in front of him, holding the plates in both of his hands. The aroma made his stomach grumble again. In his haste, he just swept his arm over the center table to have a place to put down the foods.

He grabbed his spoon and already scooped some food when he realized he had not done the most important thing. He put down his spoon, sat straight, and faced Liam. The other looked at him curiously.