Breather (1)

Did you ever have those days when everything seemed to go wrong? And all the decisions you make were bad?

Aki felt like this was one of those days.

He knew leaving at this point would add strain to his relationship with Liam. But if he stayed, he would commit more mistakes and then more regrets later on. If it were him, he would go someplace far and quiet. Maybe a place near the sea so that he could stare there and listen to the sound of the waves for hours.

But he had exams, so he could only stay nearby.

The door in front of him opened. "Oh f--! Aki! If you're there at least ring the freaking bell!"

Aki cast an apologetic look at Jun and said nothing. After leaving Zy and Drew (He managed to shake off Zy and told him no. That was an achievement.), he went back to the apartment and got some things then proceeded to go to Jun's place. He only left a note saying that he was going out and did not know when he would come back.

Jun took one look at him and jerked his chin to the inside of the house. "Does he know?"

Aki did not have to guess who was 'he' but he did not want to elaborate either so he replied, grateful that he was facing Jun's back. "No."

To his relief, Jun just nodded, instructed him to use whatever and to sleep on the couch, and warned him that he lived off instant noodles. Aki said okay in everything as Jun left to buy more foods from the convenient store.

Aki, left in the middle of the room, glanced around. It was not a shabby place but not extravagant either. It was a studio-type apartment meant to house a single person. 'You are just used to that big room of yours.' Jun's apartment was the normal kind of living for university students like them.

Jun never asked him what happened. And Aki was grateful for that. Explaining was tiring. Thinking was tiring.

Aki was tired of everything.

Jun's place may be cramped but it provided enough solace for Aki's weary heart. They talked about the most mundane things, like the noise Jun's neighbors made at midnight, and fought over the silliest topics, like which was the best noodle flavor beef or seafood. Nothing emotionally taxing.

In the morning, he had exams. During his break times, he would sneak into the library or behind the Art Department's building. After school, he would go back to Jun's apartment and study some more until he fell asleep. Then he would wake up and repeat everything again. He buried himself to study, not letting himself for a second to think of Liam or Zy or anybody else.

Sometimes he would catch a glimpse of Liam from afar with his friends. He was surrounded by people as always. Every time he saw Liam, Aki would unconsciously hide or turn to another direction. But not before giving Liam a second look. They had not talked since that day and every day that passed by was a weight added to his chest.