Forty Eight

Ha-Na wrapped her legs around Jungkook's waist as he carried her from the car and up the path to their new house.

"Have you been eating properly?" Jungkook asked her, carrying a few bags knowing that she could support herself on his body.

"Yes, why?"

"You feel a lot lighter, that's all." He hummed gently, walking in to all the boys and their soulmates sat in the living room, watching the TV.

"You two took your time, did you have fun?" Jimin winked with a smirk, and Jungkook simply shot a glare before heading up to the rooms. The two were the last to leave the house earlier in the day, and stopped off for lunch at a restaurant.

Ha-Na slid off his back when the door shut behind them. She grinned and flopped on their bed, sighing with happiness. "Finally, some sort of freedom."

"What do you mean?" He asked, packing away one of the bags.

"Well, we got attacked in that house..." Her voice was quiet. "At least, for a short while, people won't know that we're here. It's a freedom from being on edge constantly."

"You've been on edge the entire time?" Jungkook turned, eyes holding concerned.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She hummed gently, sitting up and meeting his eyes. "Yes, you might've tried killing me. But then you became one of the most important people in my life, you're the one person I can always rely on." She crawled across the bed and knelt at the end, facing Jungkook. "I understand that you want to protect me, but you must understand that I have that same want to protect you. But now that we're here, we can all let go of that feeling to be ready to fight."

Jungkook sighed and leant down and kissed her forehead. "I understand, but do you understand that I want to protect you at all costs."

"I know Jungkook." She whispered and reached up gently and cupped his cheeks. "But for now let's just keep calm and not worry about having to fight until we have to, okay?"

He nodded and Ha-Na leant up, connecting their lips. Smiling at the peace and quiet that they finally could have.