~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁 ~

Chapter Six: The Beginning Of Lina Black's Story

The time spent before September First was great fun for Lina

The time spent before September First was great fun for Lina. She spent her days drifting between Andromeda's home and her own, reading all the books she had bought from Diagon Alley or playing with her cat which she had decided to call Demeter, she had gotten the name from a book of myths Remus had gotten her for her birthday.

Before she knew it, it was the 31st of August, finally, she could pack. "If I forget anything you'll send it right?" Lina sat in the floor in front of her trunk, half her stuff packed half her stuff stacked in piles around her, Remus was sitting on Lina's bed with a sleeping Demeter on his lap.

"Of course."

Lina continued to pack again until she was finished, that was when she decided to finally ask to him the question that had been plaguing her mind since she got her letter from Hogwarts "Uncle Remus."

"Hmm."

"What Hogwarts house were my parents in?"

Remus looked away from Demeter to Lina, he knew as she got older she would ask more questions about them, this was just the first few droplets of what would later become a storm. He patted the empty space next to him where Lina sat down crossed legged "both your mother and father were Gryffindors, that's how I met them."

"Really?"

"Oh yes, your father and I along with James and Peter all shared a dorm."

"What about mum?"

"She shared with Lily and three other girls called Alice, Dorcas and Mary " Lina smiled, she didn't know much about her parents so even the tiniest piece of information she could get was enough for her. "James and Lily were your godparents you know."

"Really?"

Remus nodded "Sirius and Marlene were the first to have a baby in our group and a cute baby you were, we all adored you" Remus chuckled sadly "and then Harry come along. A much different time."

Lina's mood dampened "I wish I could remember them" she mumbled looking down at her lap.

Remus wrapped an arm around Lina "you still have my stories and at Hogwarts, you'll be surrounded with their memory you just have to look."

***

The next morning Lina woke extremely early, while waiting for Remus to wake up she has gotten changed, doubled checked she had everything packed and put Demeter in her cat carrier - the little cat wasn't happy by this - so when Remus walked in already dressed to see Lina sitting on the centre of her bed reading he would have been surprised if he didn't know her so well. "How long have you been awake?"

Lina looked up from her book and shrugged "I think nearly two hours, I could barely sleep last night I'm so excited and scared. When are we leaving?"

Remus looked at her, her big brown eyes, her brown hair left flowing down her back, a blanket covering her legs and a book in her hand, a perfect mix of Marlene and Sirius "after breakfast, come on."

Unlike the day the pair went to Diagon Alley Lina didn't eat as quickly as she could, this time she took her time. She was excited yes but more nervous, so nervous she felt sick, Remus could practically feel the nerves rolling off her in waves.

"At school the four of us, your father, James, Peter and I, we called ourselves the marauders and gave each other nicknames, I was Moony for obvious reasons, Peter was Wormtail, James Prongs and Sirius Padfoot. After you were born James started calling you baby pads."

Lina smiled "baby pads, I like it."

"It's okay to be scared and nervous Lina it's normal."

"I just want to make you proud" and dad.

"Evangelina Marlene Black you listen to me, I will always be proud of you, no matter what you do."

"Thank you, uncle Remus " Lina went back to eating but Remus could tell there was still something playing on her mind.

"Anything else troubling you?"

"It's nothing, really."

"Evangelina."

Lina sighed he pulled the full first name card "do, do you think dad would be proud of me? I think about him from time to time and I, I just wondered."

It was at this moment that Remus realised just how much Lina cared, he always knew she cared about everything from her family to the animals she saw in the woods but now he realised how big her heart was, Lina knew what her father had done but to Lina that didn't change the fact that he was her dad and she loved him. "I think he would be even prouder than I."

They arrived at Kings cross at half ten, Lina pushed the trolly which held her trunk and cat carrier, Remus walked next to her leading the way. Finally, they stopped at a brick wall between platforms nine and ten. "How do we get on to the platform?" Lina questioned.

"It's simple, you just walk through the barrier" Remus replied pointing at the brick wall.

"If it doesn't work and we crash into the wall I am not going to be happy."

"Trust me we won't. We'll do it together" Remus held onto the trolly and Lina, together they ran towards the wall, Lima closed her eyes waiting for impact but it never came when she heard people talking and they stopped running she opened her eyes. Lina was met with the sight of a platform packed with people, a scarlet steam train waiting next to the platform, she looked up at the sign reading platform nine and three quarters and another sign that read Hogwarts Express 11 o'clock.

"Woah."

"I said the same thing the first time I saw it as well" the pair walked further down the platform, Lina looked around trying to find her cousin but couldn't find her, instead she saw a lot of redheads together.

Finally, they stopped "I guess this is goodbye" Lina sniffled.

"Hey it's not goodbye just see you later, yeah" Remus smiled down at Lina who nodded sadly, of course, they'd spent time apart but never for months at a time "and you can always write to me as much as you want, I'll always reply."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise" Lina leaned into Remus's arms hugging him tightly. "Right" Remus put Lina down "best you get on the train and get a compartment" Remus checked his watch the time being 10:59.

"Okay" Remus put her trunk on the train, Lina gave Remus one last hug and got on, that was when the whistle for the train blew. All students who were on the platform clambered on the train, Lina waved to her uncle as the train slowly departed from the station until she could no longer see him.