chapter 47

"What's wrong?" I turn my head at Rileys voice. My face is flustered and blotchy, my eyes puffy from crying.

"Iris-Iris took my-my teddy, uncle-uncle Carter gave me-me." I hiccup with sniffles.

I turn and point to my big sister Iris. She and her friends wanted to play doctor, but they didn't have any stuffed toys they wanted to take apart.

So they took my teddy, I cry harder as I see them take some stuffing out of him. They had their "equipment" on the dinner table that they were using as a surgery table.

Suddenly I see Riley walking past me, walking to the big kids. Riley taps one girl on the shoulder

I think her name is Abigal but I can't remember.

"May I please have my friends teddy back?" Rileys sickly sweet voice floats through the air.

A laugh floats through the girls. "Yeah when we are done, now shoo." The girl  waves Riley off.

"One more time. can I have the Teddy back? Please," Riley says "please" in more of a warning tone. But the girls just roll their eyes at her.

"Look back off, your just a little kid, I'm not scared of you." The girl Abigal, I believe, puts her hand on her hips.

"Of course." Riley states, and then with out any warning she delivers a swift kick to the girls private parts causing the girl to cry out. Another girl lunges at Riley, who then karate chops her in the throat. Riley then grabs Iris by the hair.

"Put the teddy back together, if it's not perfect I'll stitch your stuff animals together and then stitch them to you." Iris glares at Riley but a flicker of fear passes through her eyes.

Iris puts the stuffing back into my teddy and stitches him back together.

"Here, now leave me alone or I'm telling mom." Riley takes the toy gently, rolling her eyes at Iris empty threat.

Riley was the only person Iris couldn't mess with. My mother adored Riley, sometimes I think she adored her more than Iris.

I smile and wipe my tears away as Riley walks to me. She hands the teddy to me and I take it graciously.

My hero.

"Before I leave I am so playing a prank on your sister." Riley states as she sits down on the floor near the corner, beside me.

Sadness washes over me at the mention of Riley leaving.

"I don't want you to go Ri." I whisper. She looks at me a sad smile on her face.

"I know but I have to, daddy doesn't like staying in one place for to long, plus, I have to work on my powers, make them stronger, that way I can protect you." Riley states with a smile. She puts her hand on my shoulder and squeezes lightly.

"I'll be alone though." I state, I look down and play with my fingers.

Riley and uncle Carter were all I had, when they left no one was here to protect me.

"You have Annie." I look towards Annie as she walks into the dinning room. A friend of hers with her, they look for a place to hide, playing hide and seek with my other sisters friends.

"She doesn't talk to me much. She is closer to Iris, and Iris doesn't like her talking to me." I shrug my shoulders.

"I shoulder have never been born." As soon as the words leave my mouth a pain comes to my head followed by a loud smack.

"Ow," I state as I rub the back of my head and look up to see Riley glaring at me.

"Don't talk like that, I don't like it," I nod at her words and whisper an apology.

Riley then grabs my hand pulling me up as she stands.

"Come on I know where your sisters halloween candy stash is!" Riley whispers loudly as she pulls me out of the dinning room. We rush through the living room and up the stairs turning down the hall to Iris's room.

"Wait, Ri, I'm not allowed in there. I'll get in trouble." I whine as we stop at Iris's door.

"No one will even know Nav," Riley turns the door knob and pushes it open. She then looks at me with a grin, showing where her front tooth was missing, it had fallen out last week. She already had another one coming in its place.

She drags me in the room and softly closes the door behind us. We go to Iris's vanity. Riley pulls open the top of the seat. My eyes widen at the secret compartment filled with candy.

"My treat Navi, dig in!" The fear of getting in trouble is pushed to the back of my mind as Riley and I dig into the amazing candy.

My luck my father didn't find out until after Riley and Carter left. I got a big spanking and grounded for two whole weeks. It was like two whole years.

Atleast that's what it felt like.

****

So I notice you guys just looooove Navis mother 😂😂😂

Anyway. Thoughts?
Dont forget to comment vote and follow!!