Harsh Reality

Warning: Character deaths. Angst and sadness.

Jirou froze as she looked at the dead bodies all around her. Teachers, pro heroes, and former classmates all laid upon the ground. Some of their faces were frozen in terror, while others seemed to have been fighting before their death. Jirou's eyes welled with tears and she fell to the ground, sobbing loudly.

The sound of an explosion caught her attention, and Jirou looked over to see Momo fighting a remaining villain. In a way, Jirou was relieved Momo was still alive, fighting to the death. However, in realization that Momo was losing, Jirou's eyes widened in horror.

The villain suddenly shattered Momo's cannon with his fist, throwing the remaining pieces to the side. He then grabbed Momo's arm and swung her towards a crumbling building. Jirou's blood went cold as he suddenly pulled out a spear. As the villain ran towards towards her girlfriend, Jirou screamed.

He forced the spear into Momo's stomach, twisting it and tearing through her flesh. Momo screamed in pain as her eyes rolled back and body went limp. Jirou's own screams joined in with hers, crying out to each other

Jirou rushed towards the villain, who had yet to notice her. She plugged her earphone jacks into her boots, planning on blasting him away. 

The villain was suddenly thrown backwards, and Jirou caught spiky ash blonde hair as Bakugo rammed into him. They tumbled across the broken ground, stopping several meters before Bakugo fired an explosion. Jirou was thankful for his sudden appearance, and she continued towards Momo.

She knelt down beside her girlfriend, taking the girl in her arms. "Come on Momo." Jirou choked out, tears running down her cheeks. She looked down at Momo's stomach, blood pouring out like a waterfall. "You can't die now." Jirou pressed her forehead to Momo's and nuzzled her nose against the side of Momo's head. Her tears dripped on to Momo, trailing down Momo's cheeks. "Come on."

She didn't notice Bakugo's explosions suddenly stop. She didn't realize the villain standing right behind her, spear in hand.

Jirou felt blood run up her throat, and she coughed out the red liquid. She looked down in surprise to see the point of a spear through her chest. Hearing the villain's cruel laughter was painful, knowing he had won. The spear was suddenly forced out roughly, and Jirou fell to the ground.

As her vision blurred, she watched the villain walk away. Relieved that he wasn't watching her, she slowly crawled towards Momo. Jirou needed to get to Momo, before it was too late. It was incredibly difficult, since her energy was draining slowly. Determination to reach Momo kept her going, and she crawled faster.

Jirou finally reached her girlfriend, and she crawled closer to Momo. She intertwined her fingers with Momo's slightly cold ones, rubbing her palm. "Don't be afraid." She whispered weakly. "We'll be fine." She lied, tears running down her face. In truth, she knew nobody could help them now. She had to accept it.

Jirou crawled closer to Momo so that she was near Momo's lips. She didn't care that Momo's lips were cold; she still pressed their lips together, sharing one last kiss. She broke apart when Momo's chest suddenly went still, looking down at Momo's peaceful face. Hot tears ran down her face as she sobbed, burying her face into Momo's chest. The love of her life was gone.

She was still beautiful, even in death.

"I love you." She whispered at last. Momo would never hear those words, but Jirou liked to believe. She tucked her head under Momo's chin and took her hand. In a way, Jirou was scared, but she felt strangely calm. As her eyes started to close, she wondered what the afterlife was like. Hopefully, she would be reunited with everyone she loved. Especially Momo. 

Everything stopped and went black.

I'm so sorry. I promise the next chapter will be better.