draco and harry

harry woke up to draco sleeping on his chest as usual.
the gryffindor's dorm room was still dark and a window was opened ajar to allow a cool breeze to filter through.

harry looked down at draco, sound asleep. he ran his left hand through his platinum hair and took his right to squeeze one of his lover's pale hands.

draco was a fairly light sleeper and shifted over a bit after harry did this.
harry smiled as draco's head was now titled upwards, lips slightly parted.
he continued to hold draco's hand and play with his hair until he fell back asleep.

——————————

when harry woke back up draco was gone. this was odd as harry almost always woke up before him, and even when he didn't draco never left his side.
harry grabbed his glasses and sat up, looking around his room. draco's clothes from the previous night had been picked up off the floor and his bag was also missing.

"huh.." harry said quietly to himself. he was quite disappointed, if he was being perfectly honest. one of his favorite parts of his day was waking up next to draco.

maybe pansy or blaise needed help with something?
harry thought.

he picked his phone up off his bedside table checking for any new messages but the only ones were from hermione passively aggressively reminding him of their potions exam.
he set his phone down and rolled over, the left side of the twin bed still smelling like draco.

wouldn't he tell me if he had to leave..?
harry reached for the pillow draco used (for the rare occasion he didn't fall asleep on harry) and held it tight to his chest. he hadn't woken up without draco in over a year.
this was very odd indeed.

harry laid like that for a while until he was interrupted by the door opening by none other than draco malfoy.

he was carrying a tray with an assortment of breakfast foods and a pitcher of orange juice that didn't seem to be too steady.

when draco saw harry looking up at him in confusion he was rather startled. the orange juice tipped over falling off the tray and through the air, but was suddenly caught with a spell of some sort and placed back on the tray. and for a moment harry swore he heard a familiar voice being cleared in the hall.

draco greeted harry with a nervous smile, "h-hey"
"hi there," harry laughed, "what's all this?"
"well i expected you to still be asleep but well of course you're always waking up at ungodly times and i wanted to surprise you. sorry i should've woken up earlier i gue-"
"hey" harry said getting up to help with the tray, "this is perfect, okay?"

draco's cheeks turned a light shade of pink at the sight of harry in nothing but his boxers.
"yeah. okay, but sit downnn"
harry adjusted his glasses, "i can help w-"
"sittttttt," the pale boy pleaded, then adding "please?"
harry smiled admiringly at draco and sat back down on the bed.

draco carefully placed the cold tray onto harry's lap, who slightly jumped when the tray made contact with his bare thighs.
"oops, sorry" draco said, stifling a laugh.
harry studied the selection laid out before him and plucked a grape from it's stem, plopping it into his mouth.

the sound of giggling emerged from the hallway, and pansy and hermione appeared in the doorway.
hermione mumbled a charm and two cookies from the tray floated over to the two girls.
pansy took a bite, "thank god they're not oatmeal"
hermione giggled, "have fun you two!"
"yeah and nice boxers harry!" pansy added and the couple bolted down the hall to hermione's dorm.

"uh...what is..?" harry started to ask, stopping himself, "nevermind don't wanna know"
draco smiled nervously again as harry plopped another grape into his mouth.
"mmm.. whats all this for anyway?"
"something.."
"okay.. and what is that something?" harry said smiling moving onto the strawberries.
"i can't do something for you just because i want to?" draco teased.
"noo, you can i have no problem with that at all. it's just concerning when those two are involved"
draco giggled and gently sat down next to harry, "i did it because i love you"

harry smiled and turned towards draco. the couple's lips met for a quarter of a minute or so until draco pulled away and yawned.
"tired?" a smirking harry asked draco.
"yeah.. i don't know how you do this every day"
"what? wake up?"
"no, wake up early. i have no problem with waking up now. you know that"
"yes because you're dating the chosen one"
draco laughed, "exactly"

harry plopped a grape into draco's mouth and a strawberry in his own.
"i love you too"

draco took harry's hand that wasn't occupied with a handful of fruit. he held it with both of his and smiled.
harry felt a cool metal of some sort press against his palm.
he went to open his hand but draco covered it and leaned into him whispering, "thank you for saving me" he then let go of harry's hand and let him see what he was holding onto.

it was a small heart shaped locket.
"open it"
harry popped the locket open to reveal a small piece of paper cut into the shape of the locket. the paper read, "i hate you"
this was a note in which draco had passed to him during their third year, when the two finally began to acknowledge their obvious feelings for each other.

harry looked at draco, both of them teary eyed.
"how did you.." harry asked. he carried the note with him everywhere.
how did he get it?

draco laughed, "your shirt pocket.. last night" a small cry escaped his mouth. "the locket was your mother's.. snape had it this whole time i.. i explained everything to him. he thinks it's finally time you had it."

"oh" was all harry managed to get out before he began to ball.
draco began crying as well and leaned in hugging harry tightly.
the two stayed like that for a while, many minutes passing by.

when they finally pulled apart harry asked, "er, how'd you know i kept it..?"
"the note?"
the green eyed boy nodded, cheeks flushed.
"well" draco laughed, "you're not as discrete as you think you are, reading it every morning, in class, in the great hall.. any chance you get really." harry looked down.
draco grabbed his hand again, "sorry if you.. wanted to keep it as it was, i just thought-"
"thank you"
"y-yeah" draco replied wiping a tear from his eye.

they went in for another hug, about half way through harry whispered, "hey dray?"
"yeah?"
"you saved me too"

they hugged a little tighter than usual that time.