11- Part-Time Job

Andy's POV~

It's been a few days and today was finally Friday. The first week of college. Tyler has been working on all of his designs. This project is harder than I thought. It turns out we have until the end of the month to make and choose a final design to turn in. The teacher was telling us about the place where the gems will be made. However, she mentions something that I never expected to hear. "If all of you have the money, Endless Memories will make the jewelry and give all of you one if you pay for the metal needed." I was surprised by this and really wanted a type of jewelry of my design, but then I remember. I look at the two rings on each of my hands. The earring I was wearing, the bracelet, and the necklace. I sighed and said in my mind "I have enough jewelry as it is." I then think, maybe I can give it to my sister. I'm sure she'd like it. Once lunch came around, I got on my phone to look at my bank account and my eyes instantly went wide. I only had about $2,000 in my bank. A shadow came over my eyes. I don't want to go bankrupt! Phoenix soon takes notice of my sudden change in expression and asks "Is there something wrong, Andrew?" I look at him and say "For one, please call me Andy, and two I might not be at the house often." Phoenix gives me a questioning look and asks "How come?" I lay my head down on the table and say "I need more money in my bank. So I need to get a part-time job or something." Tyler soon heads over and says "Well you look upset." Phoenix explains to him the situation. Tyler then says "I see. I can help you find one." My attitude quickly perks up and I ask "Really?!" Tyler nods and I hug him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I'm soon pulled off by Phoenix and growls at Tyler. I guess Phoenix gets jealous too. Tyler chuckles and says "He's your's Phoenix. I won't get in the way." Phoenix pulls me on his lap and says "Good," before nuzzling into me. Tyler then asks "So, want to go in the weekend?" I nod my head as Phoenix gets a tighter grip and nuzzles me more. Tyler soon goes back to his designs. I then say "You're working really hard on those, aren't you?" Tyler nods and says "You know I've been wanting to design jewelry. Ever since we were young." I nod and say "Do you have a certain type you want to make?" He then asks "What do you mean?" I then say "I mean, do you want to make fashion jewelry? Wedding rings? What kind?" Tyler then says "Proposal rings, but with a twist." I then ask "What is that twist?" Tyler laughs and says "The jewelry I want to design is for LGBT couples." I then say "Huh. That's actually a good idea! No one has ever thought of that. At least, I don't think." Tyler then says "Exactly! Something new! Something most people wouldn't even think of!" I smile and ask "Is that what all of your designs are based off of?" He nods and says "I want people to realize love is love. Despite your sexuality. Get rid of some homophobes, you know?" I nod my head and say "Something that needs to be rid of in this world." He nods and says "Well, class should start soon. You better get eating." I nod and start to finish the sandwich that I made for lunch. After school ended, I went to the store and grabbed a few newspapers. Now, I know, newspapers are lame and are nothing but fire-starters. However, I need a part-time job. And newspapers are a good start. Phoenix then asks "You ready?" I give him a confused look and ask "Ready for what?" He smiles and hugs me. Soon we are teleported to a nearby volcano. He then says something, but it sounded gibberish to me. Soon, a red aura enveloped me. He then says "We're going to bathe in lava." I then say "So was that a burn proof spell?" He nods and says "Your clothes are also under the spell, so you can go in just the way you are." I ask "When will the spell wear off?" He then says "When I want it to." I nod and he opens up the ground near the volcano to make a hole of lava. He gets in says "Don't worry. It's not going to hurt you. It's just like a jacuzzi." I gulp nervously and hop in. It really does feel like a jacuzzi. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and says "See? It's not that bad." I sigh and say "This feels nice." Phoenix smiles and says "It's better when you're here. It can get lonely sometimes." I then say "That's right. You don't have siblings." He nods and says "I used to be worshipped. As a deity to ancient tribes." I then ask "They could see you?" He shakes his head and says "They knew of my existence however. Same with the other spirits. It's amazing though. Over billions of years of living, I finally found my destined." I then say "Yeah. Will the lava stick to me like water does?" He shakes his head and says "It should come right off and you'll be dry." I nod and get out. Phoenix gets out as well and teleports us home after I grabbed my stuff. We soon get home and all the spirits tackle hug me to the ground. They all nuzzle me and tell me how much they missed me. I pet their fur and they all become happy. They soon took me to the bed and all started to rub against me as I chuckle and pet them. After awhile, they soon let go of me and I make food. I then ask them "Do you guys eat? I mean, I get that you're Spirits and have lived for billions of years, but do you ever get hungry?" Aberforth then says "We don't actually get hungry. We do eat though, in a technical sense." I then ask "How so?" Vernon then says "Well, before, ancient tribes would sacrifice food and other things for us to eat." I nod and say "If I were to sacrifice food, would that make it disappear?" They shake their heads no and Sirius says "They'd stay." I nod my head and say, "But you don't need to eat, right?" They shake their heads and Anvindr ruffles my hair and says "Your health is more important." I nod and I made my food. After that, I took a shower and went to bed with the spirits.

Tyler's POV~

I was staying up late as usual, making more and more designs for the project. I couldn't wait to get a necklace of my own design. That's what I was making at the moment. However, for the one I want to be able to keep, I want it to be a single person's necklace, not a couples thing. I get up after designing my best necklace, yet! I go into the kitchen and make some nachos. After I get a drink of milk and my nachos are done, I go back to my desk. However, I look and see something on my desk. I look and see a necklace. I then pick it up and say "It's the same as the design I just made."