Lie #19: When People Mention Drama, Homeschoolers say WHAT?!

Drama [drah-muh, dram-uh] noun (from Urban Dictionary)

A way of relating to the world in which a person consistently overreacts to or greatly exaggerates the importance of benign events.

Typically "drama" is used by people who are chronically bored or those who seek attention.

People who engage in "drama" will usually attempt to drag other people into their dramatic state, as a way of gaining attention or making their own lives more exciting.

We all know how frustrating and annoying drama is. You try so hard to ignore it, but it just keeps finding you again and again. I’ve met quite a few people who think that homeschoolers have the easiest life: no drama, whatsoever. But that’s a lie, at least it is in my life.

Drama is well... read the meaning above. Now there’s more to that definition that I didn’t include, but yeah, drama… oh drama.

It’s so stupid and pointless and gosh, I just want to rip it to shreds! Gah! Why is there so much drama?! (that <-- was me being dramatic)

Anyways, I’ve heard that there’s a lot of drama at your typical public school. Trust me, I’ve had people rant about all the drama at their school to me and just be overly dramatic about drama. Funny thing, isn’t it?

If you’re one of those socially awkward homeschoolers and don’t get out much, then lucky you, you probably haven’t got to experience how fantastically fantastic drama actually is. The only reason I’m friends with drama, is not because I’m the one who initiates it, (heck no) It’s because I have friends who talk about it and there’s drama in my homeschool group as well as other places I attend out of the home.

On any sports team, there might be drama as well. I, personally play volleyball on a team, and there’s sometimes drama there.

I’m sure us homeschoolers might not experience as much drama as an episode of Pretty Little Liars, but our lives are far from easy.

So stop. Stop making homeschooling out to be all butterflies and rainbows: no drama, no stress, no worrying. Because it’s not.

If someone never experienced drama, I’m sorry to say that they obviously didn’t have many friends. Because along with every relationship/friendship, drama will find it’s way into your life.

People will backstab you and make your life miserable. But don’t fight back. Don’t give them fuel for their fire. If you’re in a group of girls, whenever one leaves, most likely the other girls will talk about whoever left. It’s stupid and pointless, but it’s how people are today.

If you’re a guy, I honestly don’t know how much drama you experience. I would expect it to be not much. But I don’t want to be like “Oh, guys have it SO easy! No drama” Because then I’d be like the people who do that to homeschoolers. And when guys get a girlfriends, they WILL experience drama, so nobody has the easy way out.

We all have problems of our own, that while they may seem small to others, they are the world to us. I encourage you to discourage drama, walk away from it, and definitely don’t initiate it! It doesn’t do any good… at all. All it does is cause people tears and harm.

Leave an overly dramatic comment complaining about drama or anything really. Complain about your problems you mentioned in the previous chapter. Complain and how terrible my grammar is in this chapter. Complain about how sad TFIOS is (I’m currently reading it and I love it). Complain about my mom. Just be dramatic.

Now, I love you guys so much. (I don’t say it enough) When I first started writing this, I never thought I’d have this many readers. So thank you for your support. It means the world to me. I’ve decided that there will 6 more lies in this, and then it will finished. So Lie #25 will be the last chapter *cries* I love you all.

<3 Ashlyn Taylour